Scuabamau diving accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard this news! Sending my sincerest thoughts, prayers, positive energy and vibes to Opal, Gabi, and the third diver.

AS has been mentioned in this thread, I myself had an accident earlier this year and spent over a week in and out of the chamber. I don't wish it on anyone, and the severity of this is very tragic. Accidents do happen on deep or shallow dives. Obviously something went very wrong on this dive, it is not just about them going to 300 feet, we don't know all of the detiails - this could happen on a deep or shallow dive in reality. In my case, my max depth was 92 feet, with a multi-level profile and a very long safety stop. Although I did take a Type II neurological hit, I was VERY fortunate - I could have easily been in much worse condition.

Diving is an adventure sport - some call it an extreme sport. There are risks involved even when you plan and follow all of the "rules."

Again my deepest prayers go out to Opal, Gabi, the third diver and all who are affected by this. Kevin, please let me know if there is anything I can do!!! (Sent you a message on FB too)! Big hugs to you my friend! xoxo

Dear Lord God, please hear our prayers for my dear friends Opal and Gabi, and for my other friends who I am sure are devasted with grief at this moment in time. I wish I was there with all of you at this moment but know that I am there with you in spirit and I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! I also hope that people do not hold this tragedy against the good people of Scuba Mau

This is a very sad story. I have some great memories of diving with Gabi and Opal. I hope and pray all of them have a complete recovery. I'm also thinking of Mau and the agony he must be going through.

I feel like I was just kicked in the gut. Anyone (like me) who has met the folks at Scubamau considers them close friends. I will take time now and later to offer up prayers for them. My sincerest best wishes.

I really don't know Opal -- have visited her a couple of times on CR business and she always made time to chat, greeted me with that brilliant smile, and was willingly helpful. She's young and strong and I hope those characteristics help with her recovery. I don't know the others but pray that all three will eventually improve to rejoin their loved ones and enjoy a good quality of life. Given Kevin's reports, I don't think this can happen quickly, so your consistent support over the long haul is important. Just keep sending positive energy and words in this direction!!

Wow, on so many levels. I fear they have a very long and difficult road ahead of them. I will be thinking about them as they walk this road and wishing them strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom