scuba bike!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They used one of these on an episode of Myth Busters for Adam to watch an experiment because he wasn't certified. He looked like he was having fun... but he also looked like a major dork. Buuuuut it might be a perfect solution for disabled persons who would like to experience diving but can't wear the traditional gear :D .

I watched a Mythbusters show a while back where they were doing something under water (maybe testing the various Shark myths). Anyway, one of the two on that show said he had some sort of ear problem and could dive under water. So to watch what they were doing he had one of these bikes. It looked silly. They didn't show it that much, but he was sitting on it and parked below the surface.

Tod:
I watched a Mythbusters show a while back where they were doing something under water (maybe testing the various Shark myths). Anyway, one of the two on that show said he had some sort of ear problem and could dive under water. So to watch what they were doing he had one of these bikes. It looked silly. They didn't show it that much, but he was sitting on it and parked below the surface.

Yea. I can see one of these as a possibility for a disabled person. I too, like many of you, see some problems though. What if it dies and can't get back to the service. Definitely want to carry and mask and SC pony bottle because your air supply is attached to the scooter. The problem with buddies on this is that they will also need to be on one to stay with you so both of you will need to carry the emergency equipment. I can also see people parking them on the reefs and banging stuff up down there.

Yikes:
They used one of these on an episode of Myth Busters for Adam to watch an experiment because he wasn't certified. He looked like he was having fun... but he also looked like a major dork. Buuuuut it might be a perfect solution for disabled persons who would like to experience diving but can't wear the traditional gear :D .

thats right ..i saw it :)

its cool to have this gear ..but not in a shark reef !! :11:

rockjock3:
Yea. I can see one of these as a possibility for a disabled person. I too, like many of you, see some problems though. What if it dies and can't get back to the service. Definitely want to carry and mask and SC pony bottle because your air supply is attached to the scooter. The problem with buddies on this is that they will also need to be on one to stay with you so both of you will need to carry the emergency equipment. I can also see people parking them on the reefs and banging stuff up down there.

They don't have the air supply with them. Air is supplied from a compressor on a float above, and bike is tethered to the float Not sure how long the tethers are, but that would determine how deep the bike can go. Could be bad, however, if a passing boat hits the float (oh, but passing boats don't come within 75' of dive flags :rolleyes: ), but I would imagine one could do an ESA while pulling along on the tethers from, oh, say....15 ft...

Nope. Not surface suplied. Look at the picture again. It has an AL 80 right up front.

Joe

Sideband:
Nope. Not surface suplied. Look at the picture again. It has an AL 80 right up front.

Joe

Ahh...looking at two different vehicles. Didn't realize there was a difference, but this is the one I was talking about...

http://scuba-doo.com.au/

How does this thing manage to weigh only 94lbs? Hell, my gear weighs nearly that much. It can't include the weight of the cylinder can it?

I can just picture a crowd of people who've never been in the ocean before getting on these things and yelling at each other (as they destroy marine life)... "GET THE @#!# OUT OF MY WAY BOB! I SAW IT FIRST!"

...submerged jousting comes to mind also... actually, that might be kinda fun.

Back
Top Bottom