scuba bike!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquanaut4ata:
They have those things at Stuart Cove's in the Bahamas:
http://www.sub-bahamas.com/
I saw them on a boat that was docked next to my dive boat and asked about them. from what I understood, they are tethered to floats so the people on them can't really crash into the bottom or the reefs.

Looking at that link it almost makes you think "I want to try one of these", almost... :wink:

We use them now to get to work here on the great barriewr reef. Fuel pricing is so expensive,now we just cruise around with our small motors. We get 2.8 knots on an incoming tide. :14: :14:

Bit hard to use your mobile at the same time though. And I'm on my 3rd Ipod.

Andrew Jones:
We use them now to get to work here on the great barriewr reef. Fuel pricing is so expensive,now we just cruise around with our small motors. We get 2.8 knots on an incoming tide. :14: :14:

Bit hard to use your mobile at the same time though. And I'm on my 3rd Ipod.

lol, watch out for the speed cameras!

I found it...!!

I was afraid that a Search on Bobs would give me a hundred threads on anyone named Bob, but it wasnt so bad. And there is the one I was thinking about from two years ago: What should I do? Boy that one caused a lot of stink. :11:

Daylonious:
I just have this mental image of some hapless ill-trained tourist taking it over the edge of a coral wall..

<insert implosion scene from The Abyss>

I just can't see how someone wouldn't be crashing into all kinds of things underwater using one of those.
I saw them at Atlantis this past February. They used them in their own lagoon, so at least the tourists weren't tearing up coral reefs offshore.
Chris

DandyDon:
I found it...!!

I was afraid that a Search on Bobs would give me a hundred threads on anyone named Bob, but it wasnt so bad. And there is the one I was thinking about from two years ago: What should I do? Boy that one caused a lot of stink. :11:
Sad to see they are still in operation... http://www.bobusvi.com/ .......catering to the cruise ships. I hope they've changed their operation to prevent further coral destruction.
Chris

gangrel441:
Ahh...looking at two different vehicles. Didn't realize there was a difference, but this is the one I was talking about...

http://scuba-doo.com.au/
Wow. I've seen the other one before but this is the first I've seen this version. I didn't realize there were two either.

Joe

No Lenghty courses, get underwater sooner ... and you’ll be off enjoying yourself in just a few minutes, while those doing a resort scuba dive are still doing their class. :11:

I'm surprised this thing has not killed someone (well I guess based on one report it has) and that the company has not been sued out of existance.

The adventure Doo looks kinda interesting however... but I'd rather be diving :snorkel: :fish:

Back
Top Bottom