Scuba Club Cozumel Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do they match you with 6-8 other divers of your skill? I want to do the devis throat for instance but if there is one new diver on the boat that won't fly.
Talk with them, we had four or five that wanted to do the throat and they made it happen.

We've stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel once or twice a year for almost twenty years. I've written many trip reports and taken lots of pictures. You will find links here: Jim's Web Page

SCC is our favorite dive destination and we have been to many.

Sorry about the highjack, not really.....
jlyle I just spent an hour looking at your pics and reading your blogs on your web page. Your shots are absolutely amazing. I so appreciate them. I will be showing my nephew them, he loves mine. Now I'm embarassed to show him any more of mine. I think I'll just tell him it's because I'm blind in one eye.
I will be hunting harder now for the nudis on Coz, I barely ever see them there. Anyway thanks for putting your fun out for us to see. kev.
Highjack over.

Sorry about the highjack, not really.....
jlyle I just spent an hour looking at your pics and reading your blogs on your web page. Your shots are absolutely amazing. I so appreciate them. I will be showing my nephew them, he loves mine. Now I'm embarassed to show him any more of mine. I think I'll just tell him it's because I'm blind in one eye.
I will be hunting harder now for the nudis on Coz, I barely ever see them there. Anyway thanks for putting your fun out for us to see. kev.
Highjack over.

Kev,

What a nice way to start the day. Thank you for your kind words.

I have a secret - Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then. Take lots and lots of pictures and never show anyone the bad ones! :D

DSDO,
Jim,

My wife and I have stayed at SCC many times, both with a large group and just the two of us. While it is best to have a large group with your own boat and dive masters, we have had great dives joining others when it is just the two of us. We are experienced divers using Nitrox and the dive masters just ask that we go in the water first so we don't have everyone else on the boat just sitting when we take longer dives. Very accommodating boat crews when we ask to go to particular sites.

Anyone know if SCC has king sized beds in the "double" room? I'm ready to pull the trigger on a trip but being 6'3" a double bed is a bit too small for me.

Anyone know if SCC has king sized beds in the "double" room? I'm ready to pull the trigger on a trip but being 6'3" a double bed is a bit too small for me.

Our room had a king. I'd recommend SCC anytime.

I am 6'2" and the beds at SCC were fine for me.
We found the shore diving at SCC to be great, maybe not up to Bonaire standards, but there were plenty of creatures to see.

It's also close to town and the supermarkets, which was a nice plus as you could just walk there.

Here are some pictures and videos from the shore and boat diving at SCC last April.

Cozumel

Last edited:
Thanks for the great videos clips from SCC. I have a week with my two sons scheduled for April. I cannot wait; this will be our first trip. The visibility on your videos and clarity of the water is better than anything I have ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom