Scuba.com - is everything always out of stock?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been to the Scuba.com store. Their warehouse is huge, and when I saw it... full. At the beginning of the year, you may find that a lot of scuba gear (in general) may be backordered, as many manufacturers run their stock down at the end of the year to not have it carry over into the next year as being in stock. Carrying inventory over through the end of year could lead to tax liability.

I totally get that and understand the need to handle their business as they see fit. HOWEVER, I still think it's asinine that they choose to list items they are clearly out of stock for without mentioning exactly when it will be in stock again, for sale. If you don't have it ready to ship out or are not going to say "out of stock until XXX date", I think you shouldn't be listing items. Simply put it back up when you DO get it in stock. Sending me a "your items are out of stock for the next month, but don't worry we'll send it to you when it finally shows up.... and p.s. no need to respond to this unless you need it before XXX date" is not going to keep me as a customer.

Bought from them quite a few times had stuff shipped to me and went to them sometimes. Never had trouble with out of stock, but once at their warehouse, their server was down and they do nothing....went to my LDS and they gave me a great on the wetsuit I was looking for at scuba dot com.

I had a similar issue a little while back. I needed a hose listed on their site, so I called to see if they were in stock since I am local. They said it was out of stock. I called back the next week and they were still out of stock. On the 3rd call when they were still out of stock they made a slight mention that they wait for an order for a hose before they buy and do not actually keep them in stock. It would have been a lot easier if they would have mentioned that on the first call.

I ended up just getting it from DRIS along with one of the many lights Mike makes everyone buy :).

Leisure pro,bh photo,backscatter reef photo have never disappointed

Never had a problem with scuba.com

Done around 7 orders with them , their return policy is very good to say the least

Their intentions are good , they list so many products there is bound to be out of stock issues

I have found all the main online outlets to be very good to deal with , still try to support LDS but sometimes the savings are a no brainer online

Their intentions are good , they list so many products there is bound to be out of stock issues

Most other online stores state if something is out of stock or pulls the item off their website. For example: Leisurepro, DRIS, Scuba Toys, Piranha, Divers Supply, VDH, Dive Gear Express, Amazon, etc. All of which I recommend. I would think their intentions are bad because they don't want you to go elsewhere for the item. If you are an online merchant then your website and inventory management system should be integrated.

I have no experiece with SCUBA.com but it would be really bad if they were putting a hold on your funds before the items could be shipped. If they are holding your funds on out of stock items untill they actually ship is a bad business practice.

My experience was not good. It wasn't hard to get my money back, but I wont go to them anymore

I bought a couple of scooters from them in 2008. Both of them failed, and I was able to get a refund on one of them after a bunch of phone calls and emails. They "repaired" the other one. There was a LOT of shipping back-and-forth from FL-to-CA on my dime. Their "repaired" scooter is still sitting in a box in my garage. Scuba.com was an absolute ROYAL pain in the ass to deal with.

Lots of people probably love them and name their children after them. I'm surprised they haven't gotten the owners to pull this thread already.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom