Scuba.com - is everything always out of stock?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used them years ago when I first started out, but they've always been slow. For recreational gear, Leisure Pro has been very good.

I have ordered from them a couple times, always the same...weeks before shipping. And the ad I click on to purchase promises shipping with 3-5 days. I am pretty sure they drop ship, or they order from their dealers as orders come in. I think the guy who saw the warehouse is a shill...LOL. All I know is that I don't dare conduct my business like that, I'd have no business! Prevents them from spending money upfront and using warehouse space. I have found them rude, slow to respond, and annoying. They do not sell and ship as advertised. I won't use them. I think Scubaboard should remove their affiliate link ads all over the place!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I guess I should have seen this thread earlier.

I've been looking a long time for a particular mask that they carry. Most retailers (local, or otherwise) don't carry (advertise) them, let alone have a proper web store presence (my biggest pet peeve).

I placed the order (2 masks and 2 neoprene straps), and you can check out 'with Amazon' or give them a CC.

Not wanting to go through another company, I have them my CC.

I get an email saying that you have to pay through Amazon.

So I did.

Another email stating 'your refund has been processed'

A quick email to them with a 'WTF?'

A very quick reply, stating they refunded my original CC transaction because now they have money from Amazon (which also had a ~$10 higher shipping charge).

And shortly after that, another email came in stating that they are unable to fulfil the order at this present time (back ordered), but will have it in stock in XYZ date and shipped to me by same date + less than shipping option.

Sounds like they drop ship 'their' inventory to customers (which I don't mind at all, providing if they were upfront about it .....)

Grrrr. Good thing they don't have anything else that would ever tickle my fancy.

BRad

The order came in today, exactly as they said it would.

2 masks and 2 neoprene straps.

$17 for brokerage/taxes on this end. $100US in product came close to $200CAD with express shipping/exchange/brokerage.

BRad

Nobody in Calgary could supply you with the masks and straps?

Update on my order:

A day after it was supposed to have shipped (1/29), I got an email saying the manufacturer had back-ordered my item until mid-MARCH. I'm sorry but that's RIDICULOUS. Order was cancelled.

Nobody in Calgary could supply you with the masks and straps?

Not this mask, and not many fit me properly.

I bought 4 potentials at Christmas, only to barter them away to Caribbean DM's I've been diving with over the last few weeks.

Most 'fit' when trying them on, but fail spectacularly when under water.

BRad

I always check with "Dive Right In Scuba".

If they dont have then I look at

Dive Gear Express
piranhadivemfg
AddHelium

I have only got weights at scuba.com as I am local

I've had issues with them. Products not in stock and not given notice for days. I'm not sure how they stay in business.

I try to only use online companies with real-time inventory.

Depends on the item, from what I hear. 2 of 4 orders I've had with them were backordered and took 2-4 weeks before they even shipped.
I was charged the day I placed the order too.

First order was:
SeaLife DC 800
SeaLife Strobe
Princtone Tec Light
Akona Mesh backpack
UK Titanium Knife
-----Shipped immediately

Second Order:
Cressi Corsica Snorkel
---Backordered; took 2 weeks to ship. No notice of backorder ever came.

Third Order:
Dry Bag
Oceanic Roller Bag
---Backordered 4 weeks till ship. No notice till I sent an inquiry 1 week in.

4th Order made by my boss @ the workplace:
2x Oceanic Shadow Mini Masks
2x 3mmEvo Gloves
Lycra Hood
----shipped in a timely manner

I don't like them because I think they have a very bad business ethic for items not in stock and notifying their customers for said item, and charging before inquiring if the customer is fine waiting.
LeisurePro is comparable in price and they tell you on the Product Page whether your product is in stock and if it is ready to ship immediately or not.

I never order from them anymore personally.

Back
Top Bottom