scuba diving and abortion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Me and my boyfriend are both diving instructors. this has been our livlihood for several years now and as a result we are financially unstable. We have just moved halfway around the world to asia to start a new life out here but while we have been out job hunting we have also found out that i am pregnant. I am not looking for any moral views on abortion. we have not taken this situation lightly and we have made our decision and for all 3 of us involved we know 100% we are making the right decision. we are in no way fit to be bringing a baby into the world with nothing to offer it. what i need to know though if anyone can help us is how long after having an abortion will i have to wait before i m able to get a job and start working. we really need to start diving and earning a bit of money as soon as possible but also dont want to risk and serious side effects or infection. I think i will be eligible for the abortion pill as i am only 3 weeks pregnant and i am aware this is much less invasive than a surgical abortion. can any of you fellow woman divers out there offfer any advice or send me in the right directtion of where to get it? google has been no help at all really. thank you all very much

You will need to consult with a doctor who will be able to answer your questions and concerns.

Yeah I know but were on an island in the middle of nowhere in the philippines at the moment (a country where abortion is illegal) and i dont know who to ask. but thanks, id rather be told straight than to be told something from someone who doesnt really know the right answer.
im also just wondering if anybody can help us with this other problem:
we have looked into going to china for the abortion as it is illegal in the philippine, the uk is a very long and expensive flight that we cant afford, and china performs more abortions each year than anywhere else in the world due to their population control measures. does anybody know if we do go to china will we be able to get it done there, or will we have a problem seeing as we arent residents and hold no citizenship to the country? we have been researching it and it seems like we wont have a problem finding somewhere but i am worried we will be turned away for that reason. thank you all again for you help!

I feel very sad for you all, and completely understand your position.

The answer is Singapore. Early term abortions (less than 24 weeks) are available for S$6-800 plus a S$100 examination and counseling fee. Available to citizens and non citizens alike.

Whoops, no Singapore unless you are on a work visa or resident. The abortion on demand countries are Cambodia, China, and Viet Nam. None of which I'd want to visit for my medical care. Sorry....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom