Scuba Diving in Aruba December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azbarbosa

Registered
Reaction score
Hi
I will be scuba diving in Aruba on December. Never been there.
Could anyone tell me a good dive shop to dive wiht (non cattle)? And, also, is December a good month to dive in Aruba?
Thanks.

I dove with Red Sail a few years back. It was great. The boats were big but they weren't full. No crowd problems. From what I've read any time is great in Aruba!

Joe

I use Redsail as well and while they are "cattle boats" in December they shouldn't be very full. the cruise ships season won't be in full swing yet and it should be fun for you.

I am leading a trip to Aruba in late Feb. early March and I still have a couple of spaces left if anyone is interested.

You can pm me or go to the link I have on my profile to learn more.

Julie

This past February, I dove with Clive of Dive Aruba. It's a small boat so it is never a cattle operation.

Clive was extremely professional, helpful and knowledgeable. Dive Aruba has a website and you can contact Clive ahead of time. I definitely recommend him.

Have fun and good luck.

Hey there,
I have been going to Aruba for years now (just returned on 11/28) and have always used Pelican. Never crowded, SUPER instructors every time and great dives!

www.pelican-aruba.com

If you use them, tell Pip and Mike I said hello. Great instructors and nice people.

Enjoy,
Chris

Dive with Pelican. They are located by, I believe it's called the low-rise area. There are behind the Holiday Inn Sunspree. Great operation. They had an unlimited package. As many dives as they do in, I believe, 5 days. Dive Masters are great. Let me extend my dives while most did a set time dive. Boats are not crowded, think that most on the boat was 10. Definately will dive with them again.

Jerry

We have a time share there in April, this year will be our fourth year. If you want a big operation, boats with heads and showers, both Red Sail and Pelican are good options. However, my wife and I enjoy smaller boats with more personal service. Although I’ve dived with both Red Sail and Pelican, in fact I did my OW referral with Pelican, I preferNative Divers.

They run a six pack off the beach. Last year there was only my wife and I and one other diver, and Romeo the Captain/DM on the boat. We did two tank, two site dives. Romeo let us decide where to go, with some guidance, which I appreciated because I like wreck diving and the reefs there are not that great anyway compared to Cozumel or the Keys. After a few dives he let my wife and I dive by ourselves as compared to Pelican and Red Sail, where at least in my experience, dives have been follow the DM guided tours.

Have fun,
Mike

I dove two wrecks with DiveAruba on 9 Dec 03. He took us to the Debbie II and the Antilla. Guided us around the wrecks, pointed out the neat fish that you may not see every time, and told us a little bit about the boats before they went down and what we'd be seeing. His boat is an open top and only holds the six divers and him. He ties on to the marker bouy, and then leads the dive after getting people in the water. Very small, but nice, operation.

Clive was friendly, and seemed rather knowledgeable. He did seem slightly out of sorts that day, but since Aruba had had a huge rainstorm the day before, and his company van was dead (he drove us in his pickup), I can easily understand. By the time we were out on the water, he'd loosened up and was a pleasure to work with.

This was my first diving experience since certification. He made it a pleasure. He understood exactly where I would have problems, and seemed to anticipate them. On the second dive, he knew my air levels almost without asking. That was very weird. Kind of zen-like. :)

www.DiveAruba.com Worth the money, I'd say.

I was on that same dive with Robert on the 9th. I have to agree that Clive is a great divemaster. I dove with him 5 different days, including a night dive. He was a pleasure to work with. Check out his site at www.divearuba.com and either call or email him. He is very knowledgeable about all of the sites, as he has been diving the sites since they first started having organized dives to them. (And actually helped set up the sites) He picks you up at the hotel or the cruise doc, and does all the set-up work for you if you need help. (And switches over your equip for you between dives.) One of the best operators I had ever worked with. And you and your buddy can stay down to your hearts content. He doesn't make you feel rushed, or make you come up when the first person in the group may be getting low on air. He also gives a great safety brief and overview of the dive, as well as can give you he history of the wreck or site.

Tell him Trent says HI.

-Trent

Back
Top Bottom