Scuba Fashion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got my Reflections skin from www.divegoddess.com and the matching core warmer, beanie and socks in Reflections from www.liquidfit.com I absolutely love it!!!!! Divegoddess told me that they may be doing some other matching suits together.

Be colorful!!!!

saltwater taffy once bubbled...
I got my Reflections skin from www.divegoddess.com and the matching core warmer, beanie and socks in Reflections from www.liquidfit.com I absolutely love it!!!!! Divegoddess told me that they may be doing some other matching suits together.

Be colorful!!!!

How do the barracuda like it?

Don't think it is a turn-on for the barracudas, but I had a grouper ask me out on a date.

Be colorful,
SWT:gorgeous:

d33ps1x once bubbled...
How do the barracuda like it?

They don't....I do my deco stops ...er....extra long safety stops...with anywhere from 6-30 of them all the time and they could care less about colorful suits...they aren't even particularily interested in my dangling earrings or the fairly large coin ring I wear. HOWEVER, I have been known to hide them on occassion when they are only a foot or two in front of my face! Better safe then sorry! LOL!!!

Ok so on the subject of pink gear....when I started diving 10 years ago...yes I know I'm still a newbie to many folks....but pink was the ONLY other color option besides some yellow (not neon), blue and some green. I would have chosen 'red' but that was one of the original diving color choices besides black and so was out of fashion when I got into the sport.

ALL the guys were going for the green, blue and yellow so I opted for the pink. I still have a backup pair of 'pink fins', a few bcd accessories that are now 'faded pink' and a pink dry box but fortunatly all the pink gear is gone...or as my boat captain likes to refer too...the "Pink Days of Diving are OVER"! (He usually follows that with a chuckle and then says....now her gear looks like mine!! LOL!!!)

Its true...I've been migrating to my favorite diving colors of red, white and blue. My bcd is an OMS with a red bladder and other then the boat capt....you can't mistake me with that bladder either below or above. Had a little situation where I ended up doing a free ascent about a quarter mile from the boat in a brisk current....when I surfaced....before I could even deploy my bright yellow 200lb lift bag which I use as a safety sausage as well...I had already been spotted and identified because of the red bcd.

So I do believe in colors not only for a statement of your personality...but for safety and convenience as well!

however... I tad bit of pink is good to catch the eye for the buddy - sounds like she was on a pink overload!

This is only marginally related to fashion but last March I was on a boat dive in Nanaimo (the only women on our boat) and wasn't feeling too good so I needed to get OFF the boat.

As they were helping me gear up, one of them asked if I wasn't feeling well. When I said yes I didn't feel well the captain said....

But at least you LOOK good......... :lol:

Maybe I just need to wear my DRYSUIT on dates....

I have a black and grey wet suit black fins and green mask.. I thing you should have what I call " a splash of color " and where would you find and neon green/yellow wet suit?

I don't consider myself a girlie-girl. In fact, I think I'm a real low-maintenance kind, but I do have a lot of pink gear. I like it because my buddies could always find me and I like being able to find my gear easily. I didn't realize I might be distracting to some of you. I never thought of that. Good thing the ocean is big enough for all of us.

It is good to hear so many opinions. I dive with 6 other buddies. Having different colors would be soooo nice to help me, the mother hen keep track of her chicks. I have been very frustrated with the lack of options. The ones that do offer color...well, it is a little too much.

I would just like a little splash of color, at least 7 colors to choose from, here and there. Where is Armani when you need him...
underwater ?:rainbow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom