Scuba Fashion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No one steals it or mistakenly picks it up thinking it's theirs.

Don't know about in the States but here in Oz it is getting harder and harder to find pink or any "different" colour - many manufacturers aren't importing that at the moment and we are reduced to blues blacks yellows...

:doctor: Hey the color pink also make sure no one will steal your equipment. Don't worry about her color it's her thing and that's cool. Beside the deeper you go the colors all go away

It happens to be someone that likes the color PINK and they're to embaressed to ask for it at the dive shop.
What I find is bad about the Pink gear is it makes you want to puke and if you happen to be under water you have to do it through your regulator and then make sure all the chunks go through.
Does atrack alot of fish though. Both the colors and the puke and you can have lunch while your still under water. Although it does taste better the first time.

Fred

MissScuba:
Hey ladies! I'd love to hear your opinion! I was just diving in the Turks & Caicos on the 7,000 ft. wall, completely one with nature with my buddy. Along comes another woman on our dive boat on in her hot pink/black wetsuit, hot pink fins and mask and snorkel . Every time I looked out of the corner of my eye, all I could see was PINK !! I know some think pink is "girlie" down under, but it was quite annoying and distracted me and my buddy from enjoying all the beautiful colors around us! What do you all think? I prefer a normal dark blue wetsuit or a black one.
:confused:

If I were bothered by what somebody else was wearing I don't think I would look in that direction! To get annoyed and distracted over what somebody else is wearing takes too much effort. I would rather worry bout how much bottom time I have left!

And yes, I do have some pink, but it is only because there are so few choices...a nice tropical print would be so much better!

Well I for one would like a little color. I just ordered a new 1 mm wetsuit from Harvey's. It looked pretty nice in the photo but it is sooooo boring--just black, with a little bit of gray. Not that I'd want everything in matching pink, but just a few color accents would make the thing a lot more cheerful. I'd send it back but I don't have time to get something else. . . . we're leaving for the Philippines in just over a week!!!!

I guess I'd just rather be a moorish idol or a royal gramma or a humuhumunukunukuapua'a than a mackerel or mullet!

In another room, another individual made the suggestion about marketing that I think has a lot of merit.

When I was surfing, about the only thing we had going for us was the Beach Boys. Now there is an entire industry supporting the mystique of surfing and you can find surfing-related clothing on folks from Maine to San Diego. In fact, yesterday I found myself in Ron Jon's Orlando store to get some neat stickers for my tanks (I identify my tanks with surfing stickers - stupid but true).

My thought is why can't the SCUBA industry start making appropriate clothing and market it though places like Ron Jons? Shirts with diving logos and the like would really support the sport and get the word out that yes, "girls can play too!"

I like some of the stuff AO is putting out, but a lot of it focuses upon danger and the macho aspect of diving. I admit that they are getting away from it, but there is a lot of room for improvement. And what's with that 'diving skeleton' logo that's so popular?

I guess my bottom line is if anyone from the manufacturing side of the scuba industry is listening out there, they can make a killing by listening to you ladies! Use the surfing industry as a template and you'll need a rake to pull in the bucks!

Just my thoughts.

:jump013: Is an ok color. As a bet,I accessorised my gear in pink. I know,Iknow,I'm a guy. But I like the color. Besides,bright lime green isn't any less distracting is it?

I perfer a black wetsuit because it fits my taste, but when am on a dive, the color pink dosnt distracted me at all. Am pretty much thinking about my dive and watching where my buddy is at. :)

Deb

ok... i must confess: i don't understand why anyone would find pink even remotely
attractive.

but hey, my wife can't figure out what's so special about fishing (as she puts it, the average i.q. of a fish is 14, so i shouldnt' feel so proud when i trick one).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom