Scuba for the first time - Would affect me on attending a course after it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's pushing it in all regards. Is it safe to assume that this is a warm water opportunity?

If you do most of the academics in advance then in 4 days you can clean up the classroom stuff, get into confined water and make the open water dives. This leaves very little fudge factor. Fudge could be in the form of how you take to the activities or a classmate that slows the process. Weather could compact the usable time frame and make a marginal situation worse. Under ideal conditions you could become a competent new diver.

As for following up with the management training you will want to make getting good rest your priority from the start. Diving can sap a lot of energy from you and doing so as a new diver is an even greater load.

I just went back as saw you decision in post 5. It's a solid choice. I suggest finding a good local instructor and becoming certified in your home waters.

Now just to be clear...... which part of the trip did you postpone?:confused:

Pete

Four days is four days, whether its four days in a row or one day a week for four weeks. There are pros can cons for both approaches.

But to answer your question directly: If you get a good night's sleep after diving and before your management class, then the only other concern would be if you can keep your mind focused on management when your brain is screaming to get back underwater.

Hello experts,

I am willing to take the Scuba certificate course day after tomorrow. As they told me, the course will take 4 days in order to be completed and to me to be certified.
The issue is, immediately after these 4 days I have a three days training course (managerial). Do you think that diving will make me tired and can't focus on my training? I have a good opportunity now to take the diving course but if it is going to affect me I would prefer to postpone it.

I am looking for your advice. Thank you all.

Tired, no but you would probably think "Oh this is so cool, why the hell would I want to go to take that boring managerial course, let's just go do more diving!" :D

:D :D

I didn't expect that much interaction in this great forum! Wow..

Thank you again for all of you who posted their opinion (and some funny thoughts too :) oh guys you make me hungry for the open water)

Although some of the thoughts are encouraging to go for diving but it is late now to be enrolled. I promise to go for open water when i go back home. I am from Saudi Arabia and I can do it in the Red sea (it is not red by the way :) )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom