SCUBA Gear for painting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cant you use the gear for diving and hire a painter?

So, I am in the garage a little while ago, painting pieces for the off-road SCUBA support adventure trailer that I am building, with the new HPLV pain gun I bought from Home Depot just for this purpose.

*pain gun*... Dude!!!!

I will say, the cheapie (about $25) respirator I bought really does make a difference in my personal air quality while in the middle of such a process - but I'm wondering if I could step it up a notch by using SCUBA gear. I've already got the reg and (I think) a long enough hose that I could put the tank on a bench or something and just breathe off of that rather than the respirator. I realize that I'd have to cover the stuff up with plastic to keep paint from getting on it - and also go rent a tank for $10 or whatever - but I'm wondering if it might be a healthier, more effective breathing solution than just using this cheapie respirator.

Any thoughts?

Thoughts:

... why do I find myself waiting those famous words, "Hey fellas'... WATCH THIS!"

1: Would it work? A: probably
2: Should it work? B: Um... probably
3: Would I do it? C: Depends on who's reg I'm using... mine = NO

Additional thoughts:

A: Any other work? D: Yep... have the reg and all employed scuba equipment immediatly overhauled by a tech to whom you have explained... IN DETAIL.. what you did to the poor thing...

B: Make a video... put it up on UTUBE with all appropriate disclaimers

C: Claim you were dared to do it...

Alternate methodology:

a: Wait for a nice day... haul the trailer OUTSIDE... put on a basic resparator mask and let the rest of the fumes or whatever drift away down wind...

b: Call friends... provide beer... sit in the house while THEY paint the trailer

c: Hire it done...

I would like to see this off-road SCUBA support adventure trailer...sounds like something I absolutely NEED to have...an ORSSAT

really though i want to see pics...

Back
Top Bottom