Scuba lesson for kids at Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov:
jason,

Visit my Office .:wink:
OK! ...Where your office? Manila ?

pakman:
Brownman,

Check with Asia Divers (www.asiadivers.com). They regularly have kids doing bubble blower courses (min age: 8) and open water course for older kids. Great group of foreign and local instructors. Contact info should be on their page.

Here's their page on the bubble blower course. http://www.asiadivers.com/asiadivers/begcourses.php#bubble

As for getting him prepared? I guess if you get him comfortable with snorkeling would be a good start.

I can highly recommend Alison Manis at Asiadivers. She actually enjoys diving with me and I have a mental age of three.

(actually, she does organise most of the "kiddy classes" down there and is frankly the dog's bollocks when it comes to making it fun and educational for them)

thepurplehammerhead:
I can highly recommend Alison Manis at Asiadivers. She actually enjoys diving with me and I have a mental age of three.

(actually, she does organise most of the "kiddy classes" down there and is frankly the dog's bollocks when it comes to making it fun and educational for them)
@larry: what on earth are dog's bollocks??????

@brownman: sorry for the hijack hehehehehehe... there's nothing more i can add anyway as the guys have pretty much covered your best options

Jag

I second the reco on Allison over at asia divers. I have heard from several that she is very good with open water courses for kids, something im not so good at :) The struggle with kids usually is on the knowledge review portion as they tend to get bored with the academic stuff especially if your teaching it beside a swimming pool with the sun out shining. So if you could go over this with him at home that would make it really easy for him when you get to the resort.

However your kid is just 1 year short of the required 10 years old mark for the PADI Junior Open Water course. The bubble maker course is perfect for him though.

FYI, most agencies have a minimum age of 10 to issue a certification. However, you'll be able to find pool programs for younger kids.

ASIA DIVERS with Allison.....she is the best...and she wears Mickey Mouse Ears too!!

Love Alli @ Asia Divers.. I just sent a couple of friends to her to have some sense knocked into their 12yo and 14yo girls. Alli is very patient and great with children of all ages. And she can drink me under the table anytime too... :(

Larry, you are NOT coming near my dog...

Back
Top Bottom