Scuba Pro Knighthawk for the tropics and northeast/quarry diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Contrast

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
After reading up and doing a lot of searches on this board I realized that it will be much better to get a BC for the tropics and northeast and when I venture into tech get another setup for that.

I am looking for a BC for the tropics and the northeast as well as diving in the quarry (dutch springs). I am leaning towards the ScubaPro Knighthawk. Is the ScubaPro Knighthawk too bulky for the tropics?

Thanks,

I have a Ladyhawk, close enough, and I only dive it in the tropics. I've seen a fair number of them both in warm water.

Contrast:
After reading up and doing a lot of searches on this board I realized that it will be much better to get a BC for the tropics and northeast and when I venture into tech get another setup for that.

I am looking for a BC for the tropics and the northeast as well as diving in the quarry (dutch springs). I am leaning toward the ScubaPro KnightHawk. Is the ScubaPro KnightHawk too bulky for the tropics?

Thanks,

I used a KnightHawk in Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Aruba, Curacao with no problems.
My current BC is an Aeris ATMOS XT (better fit at current weight after losing 55 lbs). I sold the KnightHawk to Layboy10 a few weeks ago and he is going to be using it in the British Virgin Islands.

I also used the KnightHawk BC several times at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem, PA.

Of the more traditional BC's, I like the Night hawk the best. I had one for a while and enjoyed it lots.

dbg40:
Of the more traditional BC's, I like the Night hawk the best. I had one for a while and enjoyed it lots.

Ditto... I agree with him. :D It is a darn well made BC.

I would NEVER recommend any scubapro BC, i cant stand their inflator set up.

Go with a Zeagle ranger to tech.

The bladder is on your back, it does not wrap around to your sides. In that sense, it is not as bulky as some jacket BC's. If you are on the surface a lot (pool, training, etc.) it will tend to lean you forward. Underwater, the Knighthawk is awesome.

I've used my Ladyhawk both in the tropics and the Great Lakes. Works great in both situations. A little bulky to pack, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom