Scuba Tank Stand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cool! I like it, and it will roll up when not in use!

That is a sweet looking rack!! (No, this is not a pickup line:D ) I thought about one of those with the pool noodles but wasn't sure about their durability. I do like their compactness though! I build one last summer with some scrap lumber and some webbing. As shown in the picture. Its 15.5" x 15' x 3.5". I put some rubber on it to keep the tanks from sliding around, but that was before I put the tank protectors on the tank. The second post shows it with the tanks....as you can see its barely bigger than the tanks but is very stable with 1 or 2 tanks on it.
Randy...

When using the noodle version of the tank rack in the back of my truck will the noodles still slide around with four tanks in the rack, or is there enough weight on it to keep it from sliding around, because that is the main thing I am trying to avoid.

What about buying a 2 X 10 and cutting triangular notches in it, standing the tanks up against the cab, and bolting the 2 X 10 to the bed of the truck?

hydroslyder once bubbled...
When using the noodle version of the tank rack in the back of my truck will the noodles still slide around with four tanks in the rack, or is there enough weight on it to keep it from sliding around, because that is the main thing I am trying to avoid.

I *think* they will stay put. The noodles on my boat lay on the bunk in the bow. They are subjected to some serious 6-degrees-of-freedom action when the seas are high.

Do you ever throw tanks into your car trunk?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom