Scuba = the miscarriage smallness motion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mxracer, I think hoosier has had too many adult beverages tonight and isn't properly expressing himself to all of us.

Your post was very educational.

Reading hoosier's post made me think I've had one too many, and then I realize that I haven't even opened my first beer yet!

I Hope you know where your towel is!

hoosier:
Do you believe that the scuba diving is the miscarriage smallness motion?

I debated with my GF. She argues that it isn’t the miscarriage smallness motion because a scuba diving doesn’t burn your calorie that much. We are just floating in underwater and a couple of fin kicks.

How do you think?
[color=#895a5]I would tell your GF at the other divers computer, just hold the smallness at your buddy. At the 2nd dive the calories unless DIR. LOL![/color]
IMOK.

I did a search of the phrase "miscarriage smallness motion" and found one link, with a auto-translated page. I wonder what the original-language word is that translates to that phrase, and whether the translation is literal.

Yeah, You guys are right. I have been drinking a beer after the dinner and didn’t express my point properly. Forgive me! Yesterday was a big day in my life….

Hue~~~ drinking cold water….

The question was how much exercise effect the scuba diving has? My GF doesn’t believe that this sport doesn’t reduce the body fat because it doesn’t overload the heart and lungs so that there is a minimal exercise effect. That is, the more advanced the diver is, the less effort the divers require. For example, let us compare this sport to running, aerobic dancing, or bicycling. Do you think this sport is harder than running or bicycling?

Based on the reference, the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) defines aerobic exercise as "any activity that uses large muscle groups, can be maintained continuously, and is rhythmic in nature." It is a type of exercise that overloads the heart and lungs and causes them to work harder than at rest. The important idea behind aerobic exercise today, is to get up and get moving!! There are more activities than ever to choose from, whether it is a new activity or an old one. Find something you enjoy doing that keeps your heart rate elevated for a continuous time period and get moving to a healthier life.

Sorry for confusing you guys. But, no more insults or rude remarks.. Some phrases were over the limits.:wink: You know, I am having a beer,,,,

Well...I lost 5 kilos over 22 dives/6 days. I'm thinking of marketing it as a slimming system! :eyebrow:

Hmmm.. Kim, I think you were on a wrong boat when you went diving :) .I tend to gain weight especially when I go on liveaboard trip. Sure I might burn some calories while diving (tropical water so no burning extra calorie to keep myself warm). LOB usually feed me 5 meals a day (light breakfast-dive-proper breakfast-dive-lunch-dive-afternoon snack-night dive-dinner, sometimes follow by midnight snack, lots of napping in between, all in all, I am taking in a lot more calorie than I spend diving :)
Well, on LOB, what else am I going to do beside eat and sleep during surface interval?
I agree that it is probably not a very efficient cardiovascular exercise as my heartrate certainly does not go up to 80% maximum heart rate like running on a treadmill or doing other cardiovascular exercise (unless there is strong current).
Burning a lot of calorie when diving in coldwater also does not sound like a good cardiovascular exercise either although you expend a lot of energy but it has been a long time since I dove anywhere below 20C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom