Scuba = the miscarriage smallness motion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SueMermaid:
What about the mimsy borogroves? Have you ever stopped to think about them, just for a minute?!

They are only worth considering around brillig, or, more correctly, bryllyg.

scubagirl15:
...I'd still like to know how you came up with "miscarriage smallness motion".... :eyebrow:

I'd like to know whether English is his first language, since the grammar in "miscarriage smallness motion" is diabolical.

Being immersed in cold water burns calories. It's not going to be very significant to weight loss because it does nothing to your body's overall metabolism the way regular exercise does. It only burns a few calories here and there when you're actually diving.

Working out and exercising build muscle and heart strength. Muscle is "expensive" calorie wise, so the more lean body mass you have the more calories you burn just sitting on your butt all day. So, working out and exercising not only burn calories while you're actually working, it teaches your body to burn more calories when you're doing nothing as well and that's the big benefit you don't get from diving.

Actually diving does burn a lot of calories. It won't necessarily cause you to burn fat, but the use of calories gives a net decrease in available calories and can help result in weight loss. Just like going for a 2 mile walk everyday and eating the same food will result in weight loss. Also after diving in Bonaire my calves, legs and back were rock solid. I work out a lot anyway, but doing 33 dives in 8 days combined with moving equipment etc., gave me a very nice look. Sure I lost pure strength when I hit the gym again, but I had way more endurance.

scubagirl15:
...I'd still like to know how you came up with "miscarriage smallness motion".... :eyebrow:

Oh my god,

What have I done last night?!~

I was drinking beer (think I was pretty drunk), and typed the message as my GF recited it…..She picked it up on some website and decided to make fun of me.

No more confusion!!!!
Still have a horrible headache and a lot of beer bottles!
In the future I better drink something other than beer!

LOL~

Heeheehee. Can we dub you the official drunken posting expert?

Seriously:

To lose weight, there is but one rule: Calories out > Calories in.

That said, aerobic exercise (which would cause you to suck air like a hoover) helps more than anaerobic exercise, because it keeps your metabolism kicked up after you've stopped exercising.

Scuba diving is not (or should not be :wink: ) aerobic exercise.

The surface swim to (and from) the dive site, when using your snorkel (or on your back) can be aerobic.

I guess I need some other character sets.

¿îµ¿Àº À¯»ê¼Ò ¿îµ¿À¸·Î ÁÖ5ȸ ÀÌ»ó ÇÑ´Ù.
The motion week above 5 does with miscarriage smallness motion.

We need to get NetDoc to change hoosier's rank from "senior member" to "miscarriage smallness motion". That way he can never live it down. :D

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom