Scubaboard Invades Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! You'll have a blast in the Keys. We're from Florida ourselves, but more middle of the state. Have fun!
I thought I'd let you 2 know there are several threads in the Scubaboard site news on the invasion also. Here's a link. Feel free to jump in on any of the discussions there. Cardzard will be starting a group list soon. :D
Invade Cozumel- June 12-19, 2011 - ScubaBoard

We're going to the Keys in March then Coz in June... life is good!

You should post about your March Keys trip in the Florida Conch section on the board.
We have many members in the south Florida/Keys area and you may get to meet a few members there. I do know we have SB members from that area that are joining the Cozumel Invasion.

You should post about your March Keys trip in the Florida Conch section on the board.
We have many members in the south Florida/Keys area and you may get to meet a few members there. I do know we have SB members from that area that are joining the Cozumel Invasion.

Actually, I did. I'd asked for some dive shop recommendations in Key West and was summarily ignored. I figured I'd try again once the time got closer. We've never dove the Keys and for me personally, I've never even been to Florida so I'm pretty stoked. I've heard great things and the only thing we'd like to get done for sure is to dive the Vandenberg....

Actually, I did. I'd asked for some dive shop recommendations in Key West and was summarily ignored. I figured I'd try again once the time got closer. We've never dove the Keys and for me personally, I've never even been to Florida so I'm pretty stoked. I've heard great things and the only thing we'd like to get done for sure is to dive the Vandenberg....

I certainly missed your post to the forum, but I can't say I'm the most attentive reader either. I apologize, that's usually not the case.

There are a few stickies that get updated regularly since the question comes up very often.

Florida Keys Guide

Florida dive boats

IMO unless you're diving the wrecks in Key West, then you're better off in the upper keys, but I'm sure someone will disagree with me.:D and since you want to dive the V you will be okay. If you can I highly recommend that you take a day or two to dive Key Largo if you can. You will not be disappointed.

Last edited:
I certainly missed your post to the forum, but I can't say I'm the most attentive reader either. I apologize, that's usually not the case.

There are a few stickies that get updated regularly since the question comes up very often.

Florida Keys Guide

Florida dive boats

IMO unless you're diving the wrecks in Key West, then you're better off in the upper keys, but I'm sure someone will disagree with me.:D and since you want to dive the V you will be okay. If you can I highly recommend that you take a day or two to dive Key Largo if you can. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks Wiz! I figured I'd just asked a FAQ and no one was really interested in responding at that time... We're diving in Key West simply because that's where we could swap our timeshare and we've heard awesome things about KW. We'll dive whatever we can find and/or is recommended!

Key Largo is not too far a drive from Key West... You can also try Marathon which is even closer. How long are you going to be down in KW?

I may even join you, I get down to the upper Keys often.

Key Largo is not too far a drive from Key West... You can also try Marathon which is even closer. How long are you going to be down in KW?

I may even join you, I get down to the upper Keys often.

We arrive in Ft Lauderdale on 3/12 and will take a full day to make the drive to KW. We'll be in KW from 3/13-3/20. KL sounds like a possibility for sure! We are not locked into anything and are open to just about anything at this point... thanks for any/all info!

We could even dive Ft. Lauderdale!!! Priceless... PM me as to not derail this thread anymore :)

Oh yes... see you in Coz too!

More people signed up today and that is GREAT. I really want this to be an invasion that Coz will remember!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom