scubapro d400 versus s550

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enjoy Bluce!!

You've made an excellent choice the line up is great and they may cost a bit more but you will know why when you dive em..

Enjoy!:D

NINJA:)

Personally like the S550 better than the D400 and I have both. The D400 is very easy to breathe when properly tuned, get it done by someone that doesn't know the reg and you've got problems. The S550 is basically an S600 without the knob which you can buy and have installed if you choose. While I love the D400 for hit's unique look, unparallelled ease of breathing and great bubble dispersion, the S550 is just easier to live with day to day and nobody is going to question it. The D400 will spark a conversation with any Scubapro fanboy out there.

Personally like the S550 better than the D400 and I have both. The D400 is very easy to breathe when properly tuned, get it done by someone that doesn't know the reg and you've got problems. The S550 is basically an S600 without the knob which you can buy and have installed if you choose. While I love the D400 for hit's unique look, unparallelled ease of breathing and great bubble dispersion, the S550 is just easier to live with day to day and nobody is going to question it. The D400 will spark a conversation with any Scubapro fanboy out there.

Dude you need to look at the dates on the threads. This thread is from 2002, I would think he already made his decision.

Dude you need to look at the dates on the threads. This thread is from 2002, I would think he already made his decision.

Wine usually gets better with age. Threads, not so much.

I made my decision long ago, from early 80's Aire 1, D300, D350, and still use D400 as my only 2nd stage regulator it breath smooth as possible

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom