Scubapro D400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Truth be told, I plan on diving my Kraken, but other things always perk my interest...

Well, I got all cocky after my first success and attempted another, what a contrast.

The Pre Dive switch was very hard to fit, swore a lot. Then the valve assembly kept popping out as soon as I even touched the lever screw. Put original O rings back and it finally stayed in place.

I could not get it to stop leaking even with cap screwed all the way in. The orifice looked fine. Took the valve out of the third one I have, swapped poppets and it seemed to fix the problem.

So I'm guessing either bad valve (orifice) or poppet (seat). Re it popping out once pressurized I can only guess either I put too much lube on the O rings or they were a tad too small. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers.

It's normal that the valve popps out when the valve assy is pressurized using the lever, this is why you might have to secure in the beginning the valve assy with your thumb for example, later the cap will keep the assy in position.

Also that the valve doesn't stop leaking screwed all the way in happens quite some time. If the orifice seems to be undamaged, usually the poppet has a problem like being damaged at installation.

Especially when the old type of adjustment screw is used, the one without the spring pad.
I think at a certain tension the friction can be so high that the old adjustment screw is moving the adjustment spring and the poppet on the metal orifice, damaging it.

I'm not sure about that but I always change the old configuration for the new one and seem to have less problems while adjusting the valve........

Thanks axxel, how can I get the parts to change to the new configuration? Mine have no spring pad. The first one I did the valve stayed in place the second popped out very easily, after changing to original O rings it did stay in place better but I still held it in place with a finger.

You can have it from me, but you would have to wait until end of May, can't send it from here.

For the 147 o-ring it is better if you use the 013 Buna 85 -90 instead of the Buna70.
It is harder to install, but doesn't popp out so easily.....

You can have it from me, but you would have to wait until end of May, can't send it from here.

For the 147 o-ring it is better if you use the 013 Buna 85 -90 instead of the Buna70.
It is harder to install, but doesn't popp out so easily.....

Awesome, thanks a lot Axxel, I'll drop you an email sometime in May. I'll try the O rings you suggest. Cheers.

Really? I had heard they were questionable in ice? So, can I use my converted Pilot this weekend?

So how did your Kraken & Pilot work out under the ice? If you died, don't tell anyone where you got it.

So how did your Kraken & Pilot work out under the ice? If you died, don't tell anyone where you got it.

I didn't end up using the Pilot (used a MK-2/156 on my pony, no octo on the primary regulator)....

ice dive dive bob  sitting .JPG

Kraken was as anticipated. Even my concerns of the new DSV freezing open or shut were never experienced.

Air temps were below 0f

yep worked out great .....

Wish you weren't hurting so badly, and we had more time for you to dive it....

Back
Top Bottom