Scubapro D400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I can't sell one of my new Evos then that will be the match, if I do sell I'll pair with an almost new MK10 I picked up, I'm guessing either would suitable.

They're easy to tune. The full procedure is in one of the files you sent me a while back. The bumper sticker version is: 1) stop the leak at the adjustment pad, 2) remove play from the lever. As you tighten the lever it will start to leak again, so you'll end up with a very small amount of play.

You have to over-tighten the pad 1/4 turn or so, then back it out. This removes torque from the spring. I usually put a tiny touch of lube on each end of the spring to help keep it from sticking on the pad. I don't know if that helps or not.

I just set them to where there is consistently no leak after multiple cycles. They're very stable with regards to case fault geometry, so there's no worry about freeflows in some positions because they're tuned too hot.

Thanks Matt, yes it helps. I've read PW literature on the D series many many times although it wasn't until I took one apart that it began to make sense. Guess I got worried as started to think "this doesn't look that hard" so was concerned I was missing something after reading so many posts about how "difficult" they are to work on/tune.

It's funny a couple of you masters have said they are not that difficult but most people say they are difficult, guess it goes to support my theory that 75% of the worlds population are idiots.

my d400 went down to bikini atoll it worked all the way down to 200 ...........they are great regs will be under the ice with them this weekend,.......

my d400 went down to bikini atoll it worked all the way down to 200 ...........they are great regs will be under the ice with them this weekend,.......

Really? I had heard they were questionable in ice? So, can I use my converted Pilot this weekend?

Really? I had heard they were questionable in ice? So, can I use my converted Pilot this weekend?

D400 and D350 should be ok, but the D300 is definitely not suitable, I'll take it off your hands so you can fund one of the other two more suitable models.

Lots of metal rather than plastic which should be a good thing. My only concern would the an uncontrolled freeflow due to too much venturi effect. You might want to reduce the venturi effect to minimize that risk. They can flow enough gas that it can be impossible to get a freeflow to stop without shutting the tank down

Back
Top Bottom