Scubapro Everdry 4 Drysuit - Review & Input

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ursus

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am considering a cold water suit that will get modest use in Lakes (low 50's) and the occasional trip to cold waters such as Vancouver or California kelp beds. As such I don't think it makes sense to make a significant investment into a drysuit that will spend 80% of time in closet.

I was looking at the Scubapro Everdry 4, which is a neoprene based drysuit. I would apprecaite any input or experience with this suit.

Thanks

I am also looking at this suit. I really want to know what other thinks. For under $1,000 for a neoprene sounds really good!

No experience with it. But I found a review via google.
DRY SUIT SCUBAPRO EVERDRY 4 - Divernet

I may have a suggestion if you can't make a decision. A 7mm suit (custom or stock) with a hooded vest is pretty warm here in Monterey (Northern CA)
And if you ever decide to go to say the Mediterranean (60-65 in october) you can use a 7mm as well and be rather toasty.

I think if it's cheaper and you think you can handle the "cold" a 7mm is more versatile in different locales than a dry suit.
Unless you plan on taking up ice diving. ;D

Do you have much experience with a drysuit? I find that if not using it regularly it presents challenges as far as the additional task load presented, properly managing the air in it for buoyancy, etc.

Also it would be a shame to pull out the suit you use once a year to find the seals on it have gone and dried out or something.

Might be worth considering the heavy wetsuit approach if you rarely use it.

No experience with it. But I found a review via google.
DRY SUIT SCUBAPRO EVERDRY 4 - Divernet

What's up with the batwings ... they supposed to make you more hydrodynamic or something?

I can understand a bit of extra material for flexibility ... but that seems just a bit excessive ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

What's up with the batwings ... they supposed to make you more hydrodynamic or something?

I can understand a bit of extra material for flexibility ... but that seems just a bit excessive ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well the first rule of scuba diving IS looking good.
And what's better looking than Batman!? :rofl3:

I dont have the ever dry suit but i do have the scubapro fusion drysuit which i love. When i did my couse they shop i got the suit from mainly sells the ever dry and even the instructor was running one. here is a review of it.

Scubapro Everdry 4 Drysuit | Perth Scuba

Cheers Joel

I have the Scubapro Everdry 4 Drysuit, its about 2 years old now so it has integrated Wellies not socks and Rock Boots. In winter in Scotland I use 4th Element Arctics under it and it has performed really well. Mine came "Off the Peg " and the only issue I had was with the Neoprene Neck Seal, it took an age to loosen off. Its never leaked and its pretty tough being 4mm compressed Neoprene. I like it and it works as advertised. It does take forever to dry though.

Well the first rule of scuba diving IS looking good.
And what's better looking than Batman!? :rofl3:

this is an old post. the new everydry 4 can be found at the scubapro UK website. it just got released in the US in Jan. and they are on backorder until May.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom