ScubaPro Go Sport fins in drift diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update to the update: we are trying them out again. We are adjusting our finning style and seeing how things go. Still not sure, but with the change in the way we are finning, we are giving it a go.

However, it seems to me that the respondents are mostly male (not a bad thing so don't hold that against me!!) but my wife wants to hear from the ladies. What is the ladies take on these fins?

Hi @wlecyt40

However, it seems to me that the respondents are mostly male (not a bad thing so don't hold that against me!!) but my wife wants to hear from the ladies. What is the ladies take on these fins?

My wife has Go-Sports. She wanted some after I got mine. She had Quattros previously as her main fins as did I. She is a YMCA cerified in 1978. Here she is pacing a turtle that decided of it's own accord to swim between me and her both to her and my surprise as I was trying to photo another turtle and turned to see this:

I did not have time to frame or set my strobes, just back focus and fire.

James

UPDATE: we both are not happy with the Scubapro Go Fins. We tried them on several occasions and found that they just do not provider the thrust we are used to. We feel as thought we were working harder in the water than we were with our split fins. However, if you want them, drop me a line.
Just to clarify ... Did you get the "Go" or "Go Sport" fins? Two different things.

From what I understand, the "Go"s are known to be pretty wimpy. Certainly compared to the "Go Sports"

The Go-Sport fins are made in South Africa. Apparently Scubapro bought the product?
I honestly don't know if the Scubapro Go (original design now called Go Travel) and the ScubaPro Go Sport were in-house or outside designs. However as a worldwide company, Scubapro has a manufacturing facility in South Africa. The Hydros Pro BCD is also manufactured in South Africa.

My wife has Go-Sports. She wanted some after I got mine. She had Quattros previously as her main fins as did I. She is a YMCA cerified in 1978. Here she is pacing a turtle that decided of it's own accord to swim between me and her both to her and my surprise as I was trying to photo another turtle and turned to see this:

I did not have time to frame or set my strobes, just back focus and fire.

James
That's a helluva pictu8re though!!!

We have the Go Sport fins. We went diving in the local quarry with them with a little more success. Granted, I know it's not a drift dive but we used them in uncontrolled conditions. I think I have them figured out. We are continuing to dive when we get the chance and working with them. I think alot of our issues are with leg conditioning. We will update (maybe the final update!) after our trip to Cozumel in mid August.

You know, sometimes you just gotta go with the flow, be the flow, be the ball, nah, ne, ne, nah, ne :wink:.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom