Scubapro Jetfins: Anyone notice they're harder to find?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you mean they never wear out, a guy from our shop just riped the foot pocket on his that he purchased in 1979! :D

Well, there are many pairs around that are way older than that!
They've been around since 1966.
Maybe he tried to shove a giant foot into a smaller size?

WOW! 39 years is not bad

I'm guessing you prefer computers to tables :)

I'm guessing you prefer computers to tables :)

haha, dumb me! that should be 52 :bonk:.. i guess im just bad with numbers, in fact i still think im 20.. thanks to the people who developed the computer :D

Is this because of a shortage, a new batch that is being produced, or something else?

I attended a SP Reg Clinic last year and I seem to remember a couple of reps discussing the suprising increase in JetFin sales and that SP was thinking of opening another production line to handle the demand.

What I was told is that scubapro was moving to a new production facility so they have stopped producing them at there old location but haven't started at their new location yet. On top of that the military basically bought whatever stock they had on hand. I have no idea if this is true or not, thats what the guy at my local shop told me when I bought my pair.

I attended a SP Reg Clinic last year and I seem to remember a couple of reps discussing the suprising increase in JetFin sales and that SP was thinking of opening another production line to handle the demand.

I believe they have also introduced a new size to fit the infamous gap between XL and XXL. I don't know what they call it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom