Scubapro MK11T vs Apeks Flight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyMoreno

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

I'm getting a light setup for traveling and is one small step from getting the MK11T/S555 combo, and yesterday I was told about the Apeks Flight for the first time...

Has anyone had both in their hands? What are the weights like?

I'm a warm-water diver only and my absolute aim is reducing weight... suggestions?

Cheers!
/A

.....divernet.com (a British dive mag) very recently did a review on the Apex Flight....it seemd to get an 'OK' rating but nothing special and they indicated it didn't perform quite as well as the full-sixed Apex models. (I own a pair of Apex XTX 200's....which I really like, they are VERY impressive performing regs.) It is probable the 'Flight' really can't compete with the 'larger' Apeks units as, due to the physics of breathing underwater, the smaller the 2nd-stage diaphragm, the harder the work-of-breathing effort...so there is a trade off for miniaturization. Also, I believe the 'Flight' 1st-stage is plastic....and if it were me, I'd prefer not to be a 'beta-tester' for the world's first plastic 1st-stage......Apeks isn't stupid, and hopefully it will work out, but the weight savings aren't justified by the newness of the technology just yet, for me anyway. I won't comment on Scubapro as I've never owned/dove their regs.......also, don't forget to upgrade ALL your reg hoses (HP and LP) to the new MIFLEX ones too.

If you Dive Nitrox I would stay away from Titanium, they have a tendency not to play well with each other.

Had a first hand look at a set at a LDS, IMO they look and feel like cheaply made toys, 1st and
2nds. Hopefully they breathe well in which case Im sure their small size/weight etc would be attractive to some.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom