scubapro MK15 D400 Anyone still using them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azsilver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Scubapro MK15 with a D400 as my primary. They are in good shape. Did have a problem with them 5 years ago in Florida. The Yoke mounting would not seat on the tank---had to try numerous tanks to get one to seat. Took it to a local Scubapro LDS and they repaired it for me and put a new Yoke on the 1st stage.

I know there are a lot of new Scubapro 1st and 2nd stages out on the Market. I do not want to just spend Money to be spending money buying new equipment.

I dive cold water---Southern California---close to Arizona. Warm--Sea of Cortez in Summer and early fall, Florida Keys and the Caribbean.

My husband is also a diver and we plan to do more diving together.

Is anyone still using them?
What do you think?
Use them or upgrade

Thanks, Arizona Diver

Both the first and second stages are excellent designs. In fact, the work of breathing for this combination (when properly tuned) are such that it could meet the current US Navy Class A standards. If you are looking for a newer model because you believe that it will be substantially better, then let me assure you that the difference will not be of a dramatic difference.

The D400 was one of the few true revolutionary second stages. The bulk of those on the market today are still of the same basic design as regs of the late 70's. A few more bells and whistles but still the same paradigm.

Greg

Greg Barlow:
Both the first and second stages are excellent designs. In fact, the work of breathing for this combination (when properly tuned) are such that it could meet the current US Navy Class A standards. If you are looking for a newer model because you believe that it will be substantially better, then let me assure you that the difference will not be of a dramatic difference.

The D400 was one of the few true revolutionary second stages. The bulk of those on the market today are still of the same basic design as regs of the late 70's. A few more bells and whistles but still the same paradigm.

Greg
Thanks for your feedback--great information!
I am interested in having a good setup for diving and not just throwing my money at the LDS. I rather spend money on trips---dive trips.

RonaldGoat:
would like to buy it from you thanx Ron
Ron, I am still using them, just dove with them in Cozumel and they work great!

Ruth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom