ScubaPro Story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So why did they pull the plug on gear reviews with Rodales??

They KNOW that's where all the future gear sales is coming from? They don't advertise because they want to waste money.

I can't believe Scubapro did all this for you guys!! A free Mk20!!!

WoW, nothing says "We made so much profit from the first one........." Like a free Mk20!

Haha

I owe my soul to ScubaPro! Even if it's ALL overpriced.

DeepScuba once bubbled...

I owe my soul to ScubaPro! Even if it's ALL overpriced.

The top of the line Scubapro Reg (Mk25/S600) costs less than the Sherwood Maximus, Aqualung Legend (I think,) and the Oceanic Zeta.

MSRP:

Scubapro MK25/S600: $522
Oceanic Zeta CDX5: $609.95
Sherwood Maximus: $580

I do not work for an Aqualung dealer so I can't quote their prices offhand. The shop I work for RARELY charges MSRP (either store or cash discounts) so that's not completely accuarate.

Tell me again how Scubapro is overpriced? That's the cheapest reg up there.

It is a great reg and breathes noticably easier than my Atomic Z1. I believe that it cost me less than $500.00 through my LDS, but that price decrease only happened near the end of last year. My recreational gear equipment is a mismatch of brands. I have SP mask and fins, a Seaquest BC, the Legend LX reg, Suunto dive computers (well, you get the idea). My brand loyalty is based on what is best for the price in my mind as I have had no customer service issues with any of the other brands either (or the LDS runs interference for me and doesn't tell me).

ZoCrowes255 once bubbled...

The top of the line Scubapro Reg (Mk25/S600) costs less than the Sherwood Maximus, Aqualung Legend (I think,) and the Oceanic Zeta.

MSRP:

Scubapro MK25/S600: $522
Oceanic Zeta CDX5: $609.95
Sherwood Maximus: $580

I do not work for an Aqualung dealer so I can't quote their prices offhand. The shop I work for RARELY charges MSRP (either store or cash discounts) so that's not completely accuarate.

I work for a SP and AquaLung store. Why even bother with a Legend? If someone wants the best I'll steer them toward the MK25/S600 or Apeks TX50. They cost almost identical.

Just wanted to find out how I can get in touch with Scubapro without passing through my LDS. I have checked their website and it doesn't have an email address I can get in touch with. Hope you could help. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom