ScubaPro Warranty at LeisurePro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smorneau

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking about getting a pair of Scubapro Seawing Nova fins and was wondering how the scubapro warranty works with purchases at Leisurepro. Could I take them back to another Scubapro dealer for replacement if the fins failed?
Thanks

Scubapro does not honor any warranties for their gear bought on any websites. You have to get their equipment from an authorized dealer to get any guarantees.

To the best of my knowledge LP is not an authorized ScubaPro dealer, so there will not be a manufacturer's warranty. So if there is a problem you will have to deal with LP directly.

Jeff

Fins? What could fail with fins?

Maybe he's afraid of missing out on the "free-service-kits-with-annual-overhaul-for-life" deal?

:idk:

Fins? What could fail with fins?
I have read here on SB of many failures at the hinge points, particularly in the earlier batches of these fins.

There have been a few issues with fins cracking/breaking at the hinge.
The Scubapro warrenty is not available from LP as they are not an authorized
dealer. SP considers LP a 'gray market dealer' of their product and has, I have heard, sued them
In the past.

If you've read about a lot of issues with these fins then why not get another set? Seems like those reviews might be saying something.
good point

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom