Sea Life Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dolphins - only once off Halfmoon Caye. Highlight of the trip.

Turtles, saw a giant one off Placencia on the outer portion of the reef. I think it was a loggerhead, but not sure. Otherwise they are pretty much everywhere.

Painted tunicates - everywhere.

Eagle rays - off the walls occasionly in the sand.

Octopus - everywhere.

Flamingo Tounges - everywhere

just got back from a week diving on turneffe atoll (all of my dives were around the atoll).

snorkeled with dolphins twice during surface intervals. spotted, striped, and spinner (iirc).

saw a number of turtles (maybe 4-5, both loggerhead and hawkesbill), including one just hanging out under a coral ledge that just sat there while i hovered next to it.

saw a couple of eagle rays, but only in the distance, not up close.

saw two spotted toad fish (only found on turneffe).

lots of lobster (couple of varieties) and crabs.

tons of angelfish, one large puffer right under the dock at turneffe flats, a whole lot of the little puffers (can't remember the specific name at the moment, but about 2" long) all over the place.

saw one pipe horse hitching a ride on a conch.

bunch of different varieties of grouper. some flounder. many shrimp.

i saw flamingo tongues, too. buncha trunkfish. only one reef shark.

oh yeah, and one red-tipped sea goddess nudibranch, which was pretty cool.

i'm sure i'm forgetting a lot since i'm going from memory at work.

Hi gwells,
I am scheduled for Turneffe Flats in beginning of May. Are you planning to post a trip report? If not then maybe you could PM me with some comments? I am excited....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom