SeaCure Custom Mouthpiece says Hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another welcome to the board! You can also add my and my wife to the list of happy SeaCure users. I really feel the difference every time I switch from my primary to my safe-second for practice (I'd put one on my safe-second, but I use a integrated octo/inflater and the SeaCure is just a little to big).

Is the black mouthpiece a different material than the clear ones? My husband got the new black one and after molding it found it rubbed his gum pretty badly. We tried to soften it up and mold it a bit differently to his gum, but it continued to rub. He kept saying it felt harder than the clear one. Since he never had this experience with his old clear one, and we actually bought a new clear one and did over 40 dives on Bonaire without any discomfort.

It was a bit disappointing since he wanted black and it felt like we wasted money since he couldn't use it.

Oh yeah, WELCOME to scubaboard!! We love Seacure mouthpieces and won't dive with anything else!!

I have one and love it. When I bought mine you only had the clear which gets worn looking after awhile. I see now you have the blue and black and now I really want a black one. . My only complaint is I can't seem to wear mine out. I try chewing through it just so I can buy a new one but I can't. I'm too cheap to just throw away a perfectly good mouthpeice.

Ditto. :D

Dive Maven,
We're glad to hear that you love your SeaCures. The black mouthpiece shouldn't be any harder, but... Have your husband re-mold the mouthpiece. After he puts the warmed mouthpiece in his mouth, as he is biting it, have him rock it up and down slightly. That should move the material slightly away from the gum tissue, making it more comfortable for him.

Great mouthpiece I got my first one over 12 years ago and just recently bought one of the new black ones.

Dive Maven,
We're glad to hear that you love your SeaCures. The black mouthpiece shouldn't be any harder, but... Have your husband re-mold the mouthpiece. After he puts the warmed mouthpiece in his mouth, as he is biting it, have him rock it up and down slightly. That should move the material slightly away from the gum tissue, making it more comfortable for him.

Thanks, we actually tried remolding the mouthpiece with him moving his jaw a bit to move it away from his gums. Unfortunately, there was one spot on his lower jaw that continued to rub, so we gave up and bought a new clear one. When we molded the clear one the next day, he did it exactly as he had done the black one, yet there's no rub spot on the clear one.

Ultimately he wound up with a mouthpiece that is very comfortable, we just had to buy 2 to get one that was perfect.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I've heard nothing but good stuff about your mouthpieces.

Welcome to the board, my wife and I love your mouth piece. Solved my jaw fatigue issue that I had with the regular mouth pieces. I do not even have to bite to keep the mouth piece in the right position. Great product worth ever cent.

I went through Reef Check California training this weekend. Low vis, high surge and lots of kelp grabbing at my reg and hose. With my SeaCure, it was just an annoyance and not a cause for concern. I could easily see my reg being pulled out had I been still using the stock mouthpiece.

Thanks for a great product.

Posted via Mobile Device

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom