Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went w trigon. As admikar said there is no right or wrong.
Go for the warm neck that doesn't have Velcro. I never tuck my hood anyway but the Velcro one is just annoying
I have no idea on the valve difference. I already had. A Bare suit so just matched the same connection. They give you a hose w that connection....I did not get the comfort patch.
I wear converse chuck Taylors over my socks. You can spend as much on rockboots made for scuba as you want or save some money and get cheap shoes.
For PU I got butt, shoulder and knees. Don't know if I need it but it was cheap for a little bit of extra protection. I got butt because abrasion while sitting on boat or wherever. Knees just in case.

I also recommend the elastic back. It snugs it up just a little bit and the wider braces

Trigon is balanced but it’s done internally.

I decided against the warm neck option on my last two suits and use the waterproof neoprene seal for the quick neck system, so much better and warmer, if I live long enough to buy another suit I will just go for the glued in neoprene seal.

I’ve never noticed the air coming in being cold so don’t do the comfort patch.

I use the standard dump position.

I don’t like Velcro on pockets so I go with the largest zippered one, and since I rarely use it only one.

everything else looks like what I do, no extra reinforcements for mine, I feel they, like the warm neck, just complicate repairs when you need them.

I went w trigon. As admikar said there is no right or wrong.
There is no right or wrong but there is objectively better and worse. It seems people pick the trigon as their first p-valve because they don't know any better and don't know how the different valve types work.

Worst option is trigon, LM tinkel is better as can be modified into unbalanced. Standard LM unbalanced is best as it has no failure points, maintenance free and works just as well.
Have you used a trigon? Once I figured out “I” was the flaw in the system it has proven to be 100% reliable and trouble free.

There is no right or wrong but there is objectively better and worse. It seems people pick the trigon as their first p-valve because they don't know any better and don't know how the different valve types work.
That's all great until you get people that had no idea that they had to open LM valve not to pi** themselves.

Hello! I am looking to purchase my first custom drysuit, I plan to use Seaskin after reading through many pages on this thread. I am posting my thoughts below and some questions I hoping you all can help answer, please comment on anything that would be changed and reason why thank you! Diving will be occurring in Wisconsin lakes/great lakes during 50-60F water at the coldest.

Fully telescopic torso
YKK Plastic zipper
Main zip cover
Trigon or unbalanced light monkey. Is the trigon unbalanced? Which is preferred ?
Quick Neck System
Warm neck standard. Standard or simple?
Sitech QCS Oval Cuff
Move Dump (DIR)
SiTech Valve System. Seatech or CENJ? Comfort Patch?
Compressed Neoprene socks. What do people wear over the top of these? Rock Boots?
Protection. Are any of the PU options necessary?
Going to get matching pockets on each side, which is the best to get?

Thank you!
If you get the knee pads you can request without the ugly yellow lettering (it's not an option, you have to request it).

If you plan to order undergarments find a way to split them up.. import duty tax or whatever will tax the snot out of the undergarments but will treat the entire order the same if it's all shipped together. The suit by itself is taxed much less. Mine were shipped together and it was like an additional $120:(. It should have been like $40 or $50.

@lexvil What's the advantage in using a balanced valve?

Trigon needs a huge hole (no can't be changed for another one), can't be closed in case of an issue, can't be modified and has the worst track record.
If it was 100% relibablable for you have either not used it a lot or got lucky.

That's all great until you get people that had no idea that they had to open LM valve not to pi** themselves.
As a diver you're supposed to know how gear works before you use it on a dive. It's hardly a gear issue.

Have you used a trigon? Once I figured out “I” was the flaw in the system it has proven to be 100% reliable and trouble free.
I don't think so.

Trigons internal parts were updated years ago and @berndo refuses to acknowledge that.

@piranhaman00 there are at least 3 of us in this thread with 100's of hours combined on the Trigon without issue. I guess we're all "lucky". If you go that route I'm sure you'll get "lucky" too, lol🙄.

Trigon is great, as stated can't be closed (although that's never been an issue for me in reality). LM is also great (I do like that I can close it, but reality is it's not really needed).

It's almost like if you don't close the zipper on the suit you might get wet🤣🤷‍♂️

Who knew! Why didn't someone tell me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom