Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... it’s easy to make the trigon unbalanced just seal to two tiny internal holes.
That would be a bad idea as you can't close it in case of an issue. As I said.
Why not just be honest say you don't know any advantage?

@lexvil Why can't you just tell what's the advantage in using a balanced valve? It's a straight up question. Why not just answer?
Ok, since you appear to only conceive of the very simple ;
if you go underwater the pressure on the outside of you body increases, when you increase the pressure inside your suit you risk collapsing the rubber thing on your junk since it is isolated from pressure changes both inside and outside and its like peeing up a rope.

if the trigon scares you don’t use one.

and since you asked for clarification, again, have you used a trigon?

That would be a bad idea as you can't close it in case of an issue. As I said.
Why not just be honest say you don't know any advantage?
What is the disadvantage? Do you suffer from peeanoia?
do you use a regulator?

What is the disadvantage? Do you suffer from peeanoia?
do you use a regulator?
So you can't name an advantage? You could have just been honest straight away. I said what the disadvantages are in the first post... after which I got attacked and got snarky comments.

you risk collapsing the rubber thing on your junk since it is isolated from pressure changes both inside and outside
That's not true. You still don't get it. I tried to explain how it works in the other thread at least 3 times.

Going to get matching pockets on each side, which is the best to get?
The answer to most of your questions is, "What everyone else already wrote." About this question, though, the answer comes down to these four issues:
  • what you'll carry in your pockets
  • how large your hands are
  • if you'll wear drygloves
  • how you prefer to anchor your pocket gear
Seaskin's zippered pockets aren't particularly large, have no internal bungees, and have a small plastic D-ring at the top inside edge. The Expedition pockets are very roomy and have internal bungees; I don't recall if they have a D-ring, and because reasons, I can't check right now.

If you'll carry minimal pocket-crap, have normal-to-small hands, will wear wetgloves, or prefer to clip your gear off to a D-ring, the zippered pockets will do just fine.

If you need to load your pockets with gear, have large hands, will wear bulky drygloves, or prefer to bungee-tie your pocket gear, then the Expedition pockets are the better option.

So you can't name an advantage? You could have just been honest straight away. I said what the disadvantages are in the first post... after which I got attacked and got snarky comments.

That's not true. You still don't get it. I tried to explain how it works in the other thread at least 3 times.
So you haven’t used one? Trying to explain something over and over may indicate you don’t know what you’re talking about, just for the record you haven’t seen snarky yet.

again your experience with the trigon?

does LM make a balanced valve?

do you dive with a regulator?

simple yes or no answers.

simple yes or no answers.
I've only asked you one question several time which you wont answer but expect me to go over the same things again and again. I think you're arguing in bad faith and being dishonest.
Reg exhaust valves do fail. It happens. The reg is also continuously 'flushed' so this example doesn't fit.

Please stop tagging me unless you actually trying to give an honest answer or have a genuine question.

Side note:

How do you ask for no Kevlar stitching? Just email them? I clicked no logos on my order and thought that would work but maybe not?

As for the suit I just made my order yesterday. Lots of choices and it sounds like it you did basically nothing but add pockets and any p valve you’d be fine. But this is what I ultimately did and why.

Telescopic torso: a must per everyone.
Plastic zip with cover
Light monkey tinkle valve: this is a hot topic. Sounds like you can’t go wrong. Ultimately I elected for a balanced valve that I can close when not diving. Every dry suit diver I have spoken with in person says balanced. Berndo disagrees. Probably ok whatever you do.
Orust neck because I have a narrow frame.
No warm neck
Kubi cuffs with neo covers: was going to do ovals but spoke with my instructor and he is a big fan of Kubi. Ok either way I think. The guy I know in person and whose technical diving experience I can verify uses Kubi so I went there. Also I have small hands and wrist so only need the 80mm cuff which means the system is smaller than the ovals with a rolock 90.
Sitech valves just because lexvil said so with comfort patch because my buddy said he finds he notices the valve on his suit pressing in sometimes.
DIR valve location
Kept standard braces. Narrow shoulders anyways.
Neoprene socks plan to wear chuck taylors. My instructor said probably not wrong to go either way with boots or socks, but that chuck taylors over top work fine and you can usually wear the same fin as you do with booties.
I got that braces pocket cause my buddy said he either gets his key wet or bungees it to himself. Seems easier to have a reliable dry pocket.
Large Velcro pockets bilaterally: was going to do zippers but my buddy says in cave the pockets are emergency use items primarily and you don’t want to putz with a zipper in an emergency. Thought about expedition but they seem over large and are in line with water flow.

Knee pads, shoulder and back protection.

Ordered the glove side, extra clips for Orust, spare neck and wrist seals as well.

Ultimately many of these are small points and odds are good I’ll find something I wish I had done differently. If you have reasonably sized pockets, a p valve, telescopic torso, and changeable wrist seals at least it sounds like you’ll be in good shape. Everything else strikes me as finer points that may come down to personal preference which you don’t have until you’ve dove a dry suit for a while.

I did not get undergarments. Strikes me that dive undergarments seem like largely overpriced things when the problem of synthetic, low volume, warm active wear has been solved by many industries at a lower cost for the most part. But I could be wrong. I have zero experience. This is just where I ended up after my research.

I've only asked you one question several time which you wont answer but expect me to go over the same things again and again. I think you're arguing in bad faith and being dishonest.
Reg exhaust valves do fail. It happens. The reg is also continuously 'flushed' so this example doesn't fit.

Please stop tagging me unless you actually trying to give an honest answer or have a genuine question.
Here is some helpful advice, seek psychological help, concentrate on peeanoia.

another bit of advice, click on my avatar at then ignore if you don’t like the tags, it’s the sites doing not mine.

Back
Top Bottom