Seatec BC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine is actually a jacket style. The guy I bought it from says he bought it new in the early 90's.
front.jpg

side.jpg

I saw Seatec @ DEMA. They are alive and getting back up to speed. Original owner/founder sold out a few years ago. The product is American made quality. That's why it costs so much.

Just found this thread ...

I have A SeaTec BC I bought in 1990 when I started diving, now has over 500 dives, and have never known what model it was.

I absolutely detested the jacket style BC, and weight belt I had to use during my OW course, and this was the only weight integrated BC I could find at the time.

The LDS owner had one and let me try it for a couple of dives. Except for that I doubt I would be diving today.

It seems to look very much like the Manta, except the word Manta is not printed on it anywhere. I also have one I picked up a couple of years ago from the same shop that I bought my original from that had only been used for 1 dive (practically brand new) ... just got that one out of storage and wow what a difference!!!!!

Here are some pics ... thanks for your help

Nb: I have added the D rings as it had a distinct lack of them

Attachments

• DSC06337 (Large).JPG
    DSC06337 (Large).JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC06338 (Large).JPG
    DSC06338 (Large).JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC06340 (Large).JPG
    DSC06340 (Large).JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 46
I've got a Seatec also, Nice band system with metal adjustable notches. Bought in Guam in 86. Put a "real" inflator on the hose last year. Great backup BC and probably better for travel too. Took the CO2 cartridge out. Nice bright orange safe color too.
And oh by the way, my regulator was purchased new in 1971 and still rocks-Scubapro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom