Semi-dry suit advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShakaZulu:
So have you dove this setup yet??? Any comments...........

I dove in Gilboa quarry last weekend with this suit for the first time. Surface temp was 68 degrees and at 60ft it was 51. Warmth was no problem and the suit was VERY comfortable and easy to put on. I had problems with weight though. I use a ScubaPro Knighthawk BC with integrated weights and I had all the weight I could stuff into the BC. 20 in the weight pockets and 10 more in the trim pouches. I couldn't submerge without pullng myself down a rope to about 15 ft. Once at that level I could control my bouyancy and stay down. As long as we were below 20 ft I had no problems with bouyancy although at 60 ft it almost seemed as though I had too much weight due to the amount of air required in my BC. Any change in depth more than 5 ft or so required BC air adjustment due to suit compression/expansion.

I want to try just the full suit without the jacket but I couldn't do it last weekend because it was too cold to dive with no hood (I recieved a separate hood that I can put on to use the suit without the jacket yesterday).

I have another thread going in the BC and Bouyancy questions and have gotten lots of good ideas. The problem is more than just not exhaling properly because when I ascend and reach 15 ft I can also no longer maintain my depth and move slowly to the surface. I wouldn't say it was a runaway ascent and my computer didn't alarm or anything but it is certainly frustrating fighing to stay down especially since this quarry has a shelf that varies from 20-60 feet with lots of things to "play" on (jet airplane, school bus, several power and sail boats, tubes to swim through, etc).

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom