Semi Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi, I'm very excited to report that I bought a Henderson Gold Semi Dry Suit and it is awesome!!! I did three dives in Monterey last weekend and I was warm and happy. The only only small thing is that you need help getting the zipper accross the chest...specifically the last 3 inches. No biggie though. The good news is that getting it off is a one man (person) job. Before I bought it I tried on the Mares Isothrem but the neck was way too tight and the zipper was a nightmare. The Mares is a real nice suit though just not a good match for me. I'm diggin' the Henderson....so far.:)

Your experience was better than ours. We thought we'd save the cost of a full drysuit by getting the Henderson. My wife attempted to put one on at the LDS, and hated the experience. It was the contortions of getting the hood section over her head that turned us away from the semidry.

We then tried DUI 350 standard sizes, and (of course) they didn't fit well.

So we paid the big bucks and went with custom fit DUI 350, still on order.

My credit card wishes the Henderson would have worked....

It's so crazy how personal wetsuits can be. I didn't find any of the descriptions you posted to be an issue...the hood goes on fine for me. (I love the hood by the way) At first I really wanted to get the Mares Isotherm suit but the tight neck and the rear dry zipper made me feel a bit "closed in" I was bummed because that 's such a cool suit but again it came down to personal preference. :)

I went with a Cressi Semi-dry and am real happy with it. Its hood is seperate (dry-suit hood) so I can wear it with a dry suit. It also has double seals at the ankles and wrists so I can tuck in my booties and gloves for added warmth. Yes, the Mares is a sweet looking suit, I must agree.

Back
Top Bottom