Sep 04 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Date: 09/30/2004
Dive Location: La Jolla Cove - Rock Pile
Time: 5:30PM
Bottom Time: 49 minutes
Max Depth: 55 ft
Vis: 0-15
Wave height: none
Temp at depth: 51 degrees
Surface Temp: 66 Degrees
Comments: I went to the Cove today at 5pm and I got the closest spot possible to the stairs - I figured that had to be good karma! I walked around and looked for some divers that were going to go out - but I didn't find any. Some guy pulled up in the 3 minute drop off zone and I asked him if he was diving and he wasn't sure. He decided to get in the water so we dove! We did a low tide Alligator Head entry - workable if you can get down on the lower rock and wait for a high wave to get out on...not pretty, but not a long swim either. We kicked out to the kelp and dropped down into the cold murky water. The usual fish were out there and a very curious seal! We saw quite a few school's of fish and many lobster of course. On the way back in we saw a horn shark just laying on the bottom hanging out. I did what I always seem to do on this dive and swam all the way to the caves :( We surfaced and kicked in. Over all a decent, cold and fun dive.

Date:9-30
Dive Location:Crescent Bay/Pinnacles
Time: 4:30 P.M.
Tide: Low, on its way up
Dive time: 53 minutes
Max depth: 37'
Water temp:68
Visibility:15-20'
Surf:1-2'
Surge: 2-3' in some areas

I met up with a couple buddies for our regular Skills Dive. I used to do these on Wednesday mornings, but have moved them to Thursday evenings to better fit schedules. After gearing up we headed out along the reef and dropped down into 25fsw. Following the reef to a nice spot in 38fsw we practiced basic 5, OOA and ascents. We then dropped down and headed out towards Pinnacles to finish the rest of the dive. Saw the regular sea life including a lone Sea Lion that buzzed by us on the way back to the beach.

There are no more Lobster in Laguna, so you all need to go somewhere else tomorrow as you won't find any in our waters. Stay away as conditions are horrible for night diving too!

Dive safe (only not tomorrow!)
Dive often (just not tomorrow!)
Robert

great video (i think).
Specially the sarcastic fringehead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom