Serious question about cleaning booties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubakevdm:
Hello. My name is ScubakevDM. I know how you must feel, my booty stinks too. Someone told me once to pour listerine into my booty and shake it all around, so I tried it. I guess it worked okay, except that I didn't squeeze my booty closed tight enough and some minty foam leaked out and got slung all over the bathroom. I might have used too much too, 'cause my booty was never quite the same after it dried. It seemed scratchy and stiff. It really started to chafe. Ow-ee!
Sick, dude!

dude, sick!

H2Andy:
dude, sick!
Is this going to be like some sort of new mod hazing thing? The other ones follow me around and repeat what I say? :D

:54:

Charlie99:
A couple of times, I've used diluted bleach on booties that need even stronger treatment than sink-the-stink. Obviously, not something you want to repeat often.

As Pipedope says, prevention is the key. On dive trips to humid spots, where booties don't dry out between the night dives and the morning trip, I bring an extra set of booties and alternate.

Well the Philippines is always humid. So gear hardly ever dries out quickly. Unless they're in direct sunlight at around noon which isn't really such a good thing for the gear either. I guess I'll have to start blowdrying them. Good thing it's only the booties that stink, not the wetsuits. :)

Scubakevdm:
Hello. My name is ScubakevDM. I know how you must feel, my booty stinks too. Someone told me once to pour listerine into my booty and shake it all around, so I tried it. I guess it worked okay, except that I didn't squeeze my booty closed tight enough and some minty foam leaked out and got slung all over the bathroom. I might have used too much too, 'cause my booty was never quite the same after it dried. It seemed scratchy and stiff. It really started to chafe. Ow-ee!

That thread you started had me dying of laughter. Thank god I got more serious replies than you did. :) Hehe!

Hmmmmm..... I wonder if Sink the Stink would work on hockey equipment?

I would certainly avoid bleach in any dilution. Sounds like the listerine idea might be something to stay away from too. Wetsuit shampoo, or dish soap, especially the dish soap with the antibacterial stuf. Just make sure you rinse well, soap in the ocean isn't fantastic for the reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom