Shake your bootie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heffey:
Have you thought about zipperless booties?
I have never tried them, but they might be the answer.
Jeffrey

I can tell you from experience that zipperless booties suck. The best way to fix this is to get a dry suit and be done with it.

Jim

A dry suit for Boynton Beach, Florida?? That's where the OP profile says he is.

Ironcat:
I have a little problem which I hope can be answered right away... I have really big calves so the zippers on my booties always pop open and slide down to my fin strap.
Is there a bootie with either some sort of "locking" zipper or maybe a velcro strap that closes over the zipper to hold it in place? I tried googling for one and couldn't find anything.

Sewing on a velcro strap would be a piece of cake. Let me know if you need step-by-step instructions... way cheaper than new boots or a drysuit!

You can go to LOWS or Home Depot and get velcto straps for $3.00 and just rap it below the zipper till you find the right boots.

Ironcat:
I have a little problem which I hope can be answered right away... I have really big calves so the zippers on my booties always pop open and slide down to my fin strap.
Is there a bootie with either some sort of "locking" zipper or maybe a Velcro strap that closes over the zipper to hold it in place? I tried googling for one and couldn't find anything.

SeaSoft has a Velcro strap for the zipper.

Also, as someone else suggested you might want to consider low-cut booties like the SeaSoft Sun-Rays. I use them in the Caribbean. I use the regular height SeaSoft booties when I dive at home in New England.

Ironcat:
my booties always pop open and slide down to my fin strap.

I'm sorry guys I know I'm new at this so forgive me if I just could not resist, I waited all evening (3 Hours!) and I just can't take it any longer... ok here goes..

If your booty pops open and slides down to your fin straps... well... a zipper is the least of your problems.

TADA
Ok I got that out of my system altogether now.

Thank You for your patience,
- Management

:lol: :rofl:

good one!

seriously, i have the henderson hyperstretch zipperless and love them. good luck!

SwimJim:
I can tell you from experience that zipperless booties suck. The best way to fix this is to get a dry suit and be done with it.

Jim

great advice! spend $2500 to fix a $30 problem. genius.:icorolley

Back
Top Bottom