Shallow Narc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Walter had it right. Being narced is similiar in effect to consuming alcohol. You have one beer and dont think you are intoxicated yet if you took a breathalizer you would get a slightly elevated number on it (depending on the person and other factors one beer may actually intoxicate some people)

As you dive more you will also begin to notice there is no magic number to get narced and notice it. One dive you may notice it at 80 feet. Another you may not notice till your at 120 feet. So many Variables go into it like task loading, temperature of the water, any alcohol consumption predive (Hopefully every one knows already this is a no no) and the list goes on and on.

The one time I begin to notice its effects was on the sea tiger in Hawaii. I recall hitting 105 feet and for some odd reason I began to have thoughts run through my head like if something happens im 105 feet down, is my mask going to leak and even started getting a little anxious. Though I am not sure how affected my judgement as I did not do any task skills or math problems I was able to talk my self back to reality by recognizing that it was most likely being narced and I was from that point on ok. I Dont believe I had the full effect of it but I do believe it was the beginning stages of just being able to notice the effects.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom