Shark free diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stopped wearing dive gear in the tub when I was 8! Is there a special DIR/GUE award for tub diving?

freediver:
You have a Mach 3 Turbo? You are SO tha man!
It leaves me nice and smooth. :D

Apparently I could have worded that 'rubber ducky' comment a bit better....
:lol:

dumpsterDiver:
I stopped wearing dive gear in the tub when I was 8! Is there a special DIR/GUE award for tub diving?
No those guys don't, but, I think that PADI offers a three part course for Tub Diver.
I believe it goes something like this:
Intro Tub Diver - Basic Tub Diver - Advanced Tub Diver
I heard the pricing wasn't too awful bad @ 159.00 each for Intro & Basic,
then 269.00 for advanced.

The best part is that the LDS I spoke with said
you could do all three courses in about 4-5 hours.
Forgot to ask if that included fee for cert card.

Someday I'm gonna go for it.
Man those Tub Divers are nuts.........Some of them even dive in a siphon tub
complete with vortex and everything. Wow! Now thats a challenging dive.

Sometimes having a buddy for tub diving can be fun...other times you have to go solo.

Haha ever since I first saw it, I have SO wanted to see the full-size version of your avatar picture.

I think I got even more curious when someone on another thread mentioned something about your Jet fins not fitting - I was like, "how the hell can he see that?"

Wow, thanks for all the responses. It looks like I might be out of luck.

I think I'd have trouble helping her overcome the fear of sharks, mainly because I have a similar phobia about spiders (and living in the UK they is little chance of spider attack)

Maybe I'll just tell her that Tonga is entirely shark free........and watch how fast she can swim when she spots one!!

i'm on the west coast of ireland and we see sharks on nearly every dive. ok most of them are only lesser sharks like bull hounds or spotted dog fish but every now and again you get to see basking sharks
FYI great whites have been spotted of the coast of france in the last couple of years with the oceans warming up they are venturing further north

Quick question, when taking your Tub Diver course, is it required to wear rubber protection? Just curious, I think it would be a bit overkill...

Also, what's the max depth recommendation for a certified Tub Diver?

The thing I don't understand is .... why would you wear doubles in the tub?
A single 80 should be enough.

I've heard of a number of divers that went to Fiji and never saw a shark, but where they were diving I'm not sure of.....maybe it was a tub... in Fiji?

Back
Top Bottom