Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a bit of an amusing aside, did anyone else here see the episode of "Royal Pains" last week, where the guy supposedly got a shark delivered for his huge basement aquarium?

The main character's accountant brother is looking in the tank, and it's real obvious someone just pulled up some stock clips of sharks for the show. At first, it looks like a white tip swimming in the tank. Then, it's a great white slamming into the glass in front of the guy. IIRC, it was a third type of shark swimming in the tank after that, and then the character overhears the house owner talking about having a sand tiger shark delivered.

Wait! It's the extremely rare mimic sand tiger shark! It randomly changes appearance to look like other sharks, just to confuse you!

:D

Thanks evryone for posting just keep em coming all of those photos were awesome!!!!!

:drooling: where was that?!! I want to gooooooo!

Ahhh, welcome my friends to Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, one of the BEST dive locations on the planet. About three hours south of my home in Virginia Beach, lonely Hatteras Island stretches dozens of miles along the Atlantic Ocean. Home to Cape Hatteras National Seashore and towns with names like "Waves," "Salvo" and "Rodanthe," this entire area was ground zero for German U-boats in WWII. Some of the material you saw in the video came from the Dixie Arrow, a tanker sank by the U-71 in 1942.

Sand Tiger sharks abound in the summer months, some approaching lengths of 15 FT. I have video from the SS Proteus with more than 30 sharks in one frame, many so close that you can count the number of teeth in one set on a row...

So, are you bored with the ordinary? Tired of the same old quarry tour? Need to do some REAL diving in 70 to 140 FT of water, 75 to 80 degrees F with 100+ of visibility in the Gulf Stream...?

Get out here....

:cool2:

Andy

second attempt to post the larger version of my avatar. can't figure it out so you have to click on the thumbnail below to see a larger version - maybe someone can tell me why i can't get a normal size to show in the post. werner van steen took the photo. i was just the model (the one in black, not in grey).

20070.jpg

Gordon Rocks, Galapagos June 2009:

Could not get my flickr photos to show up. Try the gallery link.

Last edited:
I am gertting shark envy... And my shark photography is feeling woefully inadequate...

Back
Top Bottom