SharkSkin Size Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ocoee

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I’m looking to get a shark skin hooded vest, but am struggling with sizing based on what I’ve read and there’s no where in person near me to try it on. I’m 5’6 Female 130lbs. Any other women open to sharing their sharkskin fit/size and thoughts?

Hi all,

I’m looking to get a shark skin hooded vest, but am struggling with sizing based on what I’ve read and there’s no where in person near me to try it on. I’m 5’6 Female 130lbs. Any other women open to sharing their sharkskin fit/size and thoughts?
Hello. I tried on Sharkskin vests yesterday (non-hooded). I’m 5’4”, 115lbs, 32 D/DD and wore a mens small in the sleeveless vest (they didn’t have a women‘s 4) and a 6 in the long sleeve zip jacket. It was the bust area that was snug, which is why I had to go up on the sleeved version. The men’s version worked but the arm holes were a little large —won’t be an issue though if not wearing alone. Scuba.com has free shipping/returns if you want to have a risk free purchase. :wink:

I can't comment on the sizes specifically, but here's something to keep in mind. It should fit rather snugly on land. Once it gets wet, it will loosen up a tad. So if you put it on dry, and it feels slightly too tight, then the fit is correct.

I am 5 feet 1 inch and weigh between 105 and 110 pounds, measurement is 34.5 28 34.5. I went by their size measurements and ordered a size 4 bottom and top. The top needed at least 2 more inches in order to zip up without going into aphyxia, i sent back the top. A size 8 in the titanium 2 vest and long sleeved shirt fit fine. The size 4 pants were just right. I am thinking the recommended sizes per measurement of tops are off

Back
Top Bottom