Sherwood Maximus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only thing I would add to the above comments is that in my experience there can be quite a variation in the performance of the maximus regs. Some just don't seem to be able to be adjusted to perform well. I would imagine these are in some way faulty units, as the reg itself seems fine (albeit with the extra swivel)

DudleyNMU:
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone of you use a Sherwood Maximus for tec diving or deep diving ect. I plan on making the jump soon into tec diving and was wondering how sherwood's work for tec diving.I wanna see what my options are and dont wanna loose an arm and a leg doing it. Anyways thanks guys,

I used a Maximus for a couple of years. Great reg, but I sold mine when I went tech. The problem with the Maximus and tech diving is using a long hose with it. The swivels and underarm orientation of that reg would make it a little awkward in the long hose routing. It might be an effective back up bungied reg. But personally I use the same reg as primary and back up.

Sherwoods bleed gas. Often that is an issue in tech diving.

The under arm swivell is funky too.

Other than that it's a great reg.

IceBergSlim:
Sherwoods bleed gas. Often that is an issue in tech diving.

The under arm swivell is funky too.

Other than that it's a great reg.

The Sherwood dry bleed feature will cost you several breaths of air in a typical dive. There is an air capture test that should be done as part of the servicing to make sure this volume is in the correct range. It's inconsequential in a basic recreational set-up but is less than desirable in any cylinders that are on standby.

I have the Blizzard (2005) which is the plain hosed non adjustable brother and like it fine. Fine so far to 42F. Give me a few weeks and I'll know more.

Pete

Dive several sherwoods,
All work fine! at rec and tec depth's I am not a air sucker so cant tell you if works hard that way,,
Works the same at 100fsw as at 165fsw and is buit like a tank to hold up! nothing like the sound a Sherwood makes at depth on a deep, quiet, wreck dive in thease cold waters I dive! sure I could spend a $1000 bucks on a tec rig but why? to make the guys on my boat go oooooooooooooooooo!
Hey Its start for some others its a main stay,It will not cost you a dime to own,as I sold my 1 of my 2003 rigs to up grade to the newer style just cosmetic and got what I paid for back then! so I got one more,for my Deco rig!
Just let the other divers know of the air stream off the main,no need to freak a guy out thinking you got a o-ring going to blow at depth!dive safe,
Brad

Back
Top Bottom