Sherwood Oasis and Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wassermann

Reaction score
Just got My new Oasis regulator and now my wife tells me that it cannot be used with Nitrox. Whats up(or down) with that. Someones input would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I think she's mistaken. I've been using EAN with mine for several years. As long as you don't use a mix greater than 40%, your ok. IANTD at one point was saying that even on mixes less than 40% your gear should be O2 cleaned, but they were not basing that on the facts. (Not sure if they still say that).

Hi wasserman,

I'm with Greg G. There is no reason I am aware of that your Sherwood Oasis should not be compatable with recreational nitrox blends right out of the box. The Oasis is my back up reg & I've had no problems with EAN32-36.

Enjoy it.

DocVikingo

Originally posted by wassermann
Just got My new Oasis regulator and now my wife tells me that it cannot be used with Nitrox. Whats up(or down) with that. Someones input would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I'll have to agree and second what everyone else has said. Mixes greater than 50% need to be Oxygen cleaned, but any reg can be used for recreatal gases. The special regulators made for Nitrox are a complete gimick and waste of money for any diver in the rec world. It's just another piece of gear the company's try to get more money out of by tricking people into thinking they need it. However, tanks are another story. Any tank used with Nitrox MUST be Oxygen cleaned!!!! You made a great choice with Sherwood though. Most pros I've talked to say Sherwood is the best on the market. The only reason a lot of dive shops don't carry them is because they're the best, but they're also some of the most reasonably priced! Again, they can't rip people off enough. I dive with a Maximus myself, and it's going to do everything with me including caves! Actually there will be two of them with me. Should anyone need my reg out of my mouth, they will be getting a fine regulator and I will have another one around my neck! Dive on bro!

SAR diver, you again! You seem to know what you are talking about.

Originally posted by devjr
SAR diver, you again! You seem to know what you are talking about.

Hey thanks, I try to help where I can. If you're ever in Michigan lets go diving! If not, I'll see you around! Later for now.

excuse me, I need to correct myself on one thing. Mixes great than 40% need to be oxygen cleaned! My bad, pushed the wrong key! Later

Back
Top Bottom