Sherwood Oasis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used 8 Oasis+ regs for dive charters in Hawaii until I couldn't get repair parts for them anymore since I was a lowly independent. They worked great and the customers loved them. Since there are other regs that offer manuals and parts support, Sherwood and I have parted ways.

in sydney - its getting real hard to get a LDS to take my sherwoods for servicing. "parts" is always there response - unfortunately we dont have a strong sherwood presence in sydney anymore... use to be everywhere but the new distrubitor dropped the ball a few years ago on this product.

so now we go direct to the scuba-doc to get them serviced and so far no worries about parts... but if you dont know who the guy is you get lead down a path to new gear by the LDS

hubby was dead set on my getting new regs earlier this year and i held firm and refused to hand over my oasis

Sherwood SCUBA rep.:
We do ship to Australia and have a strong distrutor on the east coast
you sure? seriously-you dont see the product in dive shops here (NSW/Sydney) and i no longer see them being advertised in Dive Log/Sports Diver mag since the new dist took over about 2 or 3 years ago.

seeing sherwood gear at dive sites is a rare thing these days.

i love the product, its a good brand - would like to see more of it. 3 years ago the dist changed hands and they jsut dropped off the planet it seems.

I just talked to the export , and they just place an order. So I know we ship down under.

I have used a maximus since they first came out, and I have to say that I love it. For warm water diving it has always been the most comfortable regulator I ever had. The 1st stages are so bullet proof the police should just wear them instead of Second Chance vests... lol

I haven't quite figured out why it is that not that many divers seem to think Sherwood makes great regs. Sure there are other regs that have higher performance, but I haven't met anyone who could out breathe a sherwood. I also have one of the old G250 which is one of the best regs ever made, IMHO and for warm water I switched to Sherwood, so I believe that have something special and important.

just a thought or two

laserdoc:
. Went to my LDS and she sold me on a Atomic M1. Last one she had because Atomic only makes the m2 now. Hooked my reg up and then the Atomic up. Guess what. I could tell a big differnance!!!. I bought the Atomic for 300 bucks!!!

I know that Atomic now only makes the Z2, and that you can pick up the Z1 for a good price.
Their website shows only the M1. As far as I know, there is not an M2 on the market yet. If your LDS is selling M1's for $300, please PM me and give me their phone number, because I will buy a couple!:D

My LDS sells ,services, rents, and most important all staff use and swear by Sherwood.
My Dive team and two other local dive teams also use and swear by Sherwood.

Divedoggie:
I know that Atomic now only makes the Z2, and that you can pick up the Z1 for a good price.
Their website shows only the M1. As far as I know, there is not an M2 on the market yet. If your LDS is selling M1's for $300, please PM me and give me their phone number, because I will buy a couple!:D
Went in to buy a Zeagle and the Atomics was only 20 bucks more. It was the last one she had. It was a display model,,,,so no more. Sorry... She told me the only differance from the m1 to the m2 is that the m2 should be serviced every 2 years as opposed to every year with the m1. Hence the name change. Going to Fla this morning and will give it a work out this weekend in Panama City. Can't wait!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom