Sherwood Oasis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

where do you guys dive?

the atlantic, the sound, and various lakes and rivers around here. if you are into wrecks, we prob have one of the best areas around for it (wreck valley).

I understand that the Oasis is designed for warm water use and the Blizzard for cold/any water.

What are the drawbacks of using the Oasis in cold water?

The difference between the Oasis and the Blizzard are that several parts in the 1st and 2nd stage of the Blizzard are teflon coated to prevent the regulator from icing up and eventually free flowing. In those colder waters there is a likeliness that the Oasis may freeze up and free flow.

The difference between the Oasis and the Blizzard are that several parts in the 1st and 2nd stage of the Blizzard are teflon coated to prevent the regulator from icing up and eventually free flowing. In those colder waters there is a likeliness that the Oasis may freeze up and free flow.

Am I correct in recalling that the Maximus also has the Teflon coating?

I am looking at getting an Oasis (second hand). My plan for it is to us it as a backup reg on a pony bottle.
My main single hose reg is an old Magnum Blizzard, SR3200 I think, that has never frozen so I expect the newer Oasis should work for me.
Any comment?
I dive freshwater only all winter long in Lake Ontario.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom