Shore Diving at Caribe Blu ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sher & I did a shore dive last year... jumped off the end of the pier and finned south for ahwile, then turned around. Of course, either the cureent picked up or we were finning too much (more likely) and we flew past the exit. Oops! The resulting swim back to the exit was pretty taxing. This year I want to grab a taxi or hitch a lift to Papa Hogs then just drift back.

I was at the Caribe Blu for 2 weeks in January, and did my diving with Blue Angel. I rotated my days of boat diving and shore diving, and never had to pay anyone for tanks or weights when shore diving. Victor and the other folks at the shop were great, and I can't wait to go back.

If you are interested, my photos for this trip are loated at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rainmakerat92/album?.dir=/7054re2 . The following photos were taken on the reef near the Caribe Blu: 0055, 0079, 0157, 0158, 0160, 0162, 0172, 0184, 0189, 0193, 0196, 0154, 0178, 0066, 0152, 0085 and 0089.

MyPC8MyBrain:
We couldn't pass up the $99 arifare to Cozumel,

OK. Breathe. Breathe. Calm. Serenity Now!

Nice job on the airfare. Please tell me it has 3 connections on some no-name air carrier or crop duster or something. When we booked our flights a few weeks ago, the fares were climbing daily. I don't want to embarass myself and tell you what our fares from Denver were, but lets just say they were much more than that. Like 4.5 times more. Ouch.

I'm ok. I'm ok. It'll be alright. It's just money.....

H2ODoc:
OK. Breathe. Breathe. Calm. Serenity Now!

Nice job on the airfare. Please tell me it has 3 connections on some no-name air carrier or crop duster or something. When we booked our flights a few weeks ago, the fares were climbing daily. I don't want to embarass myself and tell you what our fares from Denver were, but lets just say they were much more than that. Like 4.5 times more. Ouch.

I'm ok. I'm ok. It'll be alright. It's just money.....

I feel your pain: I paid $503 (X2) to get to Cozumel from Austin in May. FWIW, all the airlines are quoting prices now without fees and taxes. Continental's website quoted me something like $335 until I got to the bottom line, and then it was $503. That $99 fare will be considerably more on the dotted line, I'll wager.

ggunn:
I feel your pain: I paid $503 (X2) to get to Cozumel from Austin in May. FWIW, all the airlines are quoting prices now without fees and taxes. Continental's website quoted me something like $335 until I got to the bottom line, and then it was $503. That $99 fare will be considerably more on the dotted line, I'll wager.

Ahh, shucks....let's allow the original poster to feel like he got an incredible deal. I'm happy for him!

:wink:

ggunn:
GG - we did a bit better out of Austin for March - at $425 pp, but we're paying about the same as your May ticket for our July trip ($504 pp.) The kicker for that trip is, because we booked it as a package deal, we're getting Casa Mexicana for $308 for 7 nights - taxes included!! :11: Now that's a deal!!!

Diver Kat:
GG - we did a bit better out of Austin for March - at $425 pp, but we're paying about the same as your May ticket for our July trip ($504 pp.) The kicker for that trip is, because we booked it as a package deal, we're getting Casa Mexicana for $308 for 7 nights - taxes included!! :11: Now that's a deal!!!

That is a good deal. A couple of things combine to make getting to Cozumel more expensive than it otherwise might be. One is that I am very attached to staying at Caribe Blu; my dad discovered it (as La Perla) in 1981, and we have been staying there ever since. The other is that a week is not enough for me; we are now up to 14 nights there.

Funjet will not even discuss a two week air-only ticket with me, other than to say that they will be glad to sell me two one week fares.

Yeah, I understand. We'll be at Caribe Blu next Wednesday, and normally that's where we go, it's a super deal and the people are great. But when we found the Casa Mexicana package one night, we couldn't pass on it. We've done a few 9 or 10 day stays in Coz, but if I'm trying to squeak out 4 vacations in year, I have to break it up into separate weeks .... and sometimes it's dictated by what days the fares are cheaper.... planning vacations is so rough!!:wink:

OK. I now officially hate Gordon. 14 nights!!! If you can take off and afford 14 nights in Cozumel, I'm quitting my job, will pick up my guitar again and go back to gigging for a living. You're band is either doing outstanding or you won a lottery. In any case, more power to you mon ami! By the way, from one head of white hair to another...my DM last month called me "onion top." Claims that's what the local folks call men with white hair (yes, my hair white not grey).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom