Shore Diving Made Easy Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since it is your first time to Bonaire I would recommend that you get one of the books!

Thanks Pinkerton. I do have the "Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy" book, it just isn't the latest edition. Was just trying to figure out if the new edition had any useful new material. I plan to use it just like you said to plan my days out with what sounds interesting.

Thanks to all for your replies.

Also at some sites other divers make piles of the coral rubble indicating the best entry point they found. I can't say that we always found the best entry near the yellow rock - at one site south at least, we drove in by the rock but dove at least 200' farther south - looked like an easier crawl over the ironshore. YMMV.

Some sites have sand channels leading out to deeper water - the best example I've seen to illustrate this is Vista Blue's picture on shorediving.com. I've geared up on that same rock and walked in on sand till I was floating:

d004508.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom