Shore diving - solo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you haven't already contact Tom Shropshire at Off the Wall Divers....

Thanks, I was able to schedule something with them that will fit our schedule.

Another option is Cruise Diving - Divers Down. If you are already in port that morning I don't see why you couldn't be on their 9AM boat.

I think you're allowing too long on the time off the ship also - the ships mostly moor just out in the harbor so it's a pretty quick ride in once you're on the tender.

I've been at tender ports before, most recently in Belize. The problem is that there's no way to guarantee that you'll be the first off the ship, unless you're either on an early shore excursion organized by the cruise line, or have some sort of special status with them. So there's the possibility that it may be over an hour before I make it to shore, even though it will probably be less. I'm not going to be the guy who holds up the dive boat.

I'm looking at a dive trip to GC, staying at Cobalt Coast in January -they advertise their beach diving pretty heavily - what is that area like for shore diving?

Just dove Cobalt's shore dive a few weeks ago it is a nice dive I would compare it to the typical second boat dive after a wall dive if that makes sense to you.....it is a long walk to the entry and a long swim but very nice.

Hope this helps.

Just dove Cobalt's shore dive a few weeks ago it is a nice dive I would compare it to the typical second boat dive after a wall dive if that makes sense to you.....it is a long walk to the entry and a long swim but very nice. Hope this helps.

@EastEndDiver, are they okay with solo diving at Cobalt Coast? I just ask because some Cayman dive ops require buddy diving.

Kathy not sure I dove with a buddy .

You can email and ask but I am sure they will say no because of the Cayman water sport Assoc.......

I always dive with my husband, i was just curious because the topic has come up several times

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom