Should I get one at all?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fireflock:
sorry you perceived it that way :)
honestly i meant to agree all the way; i never went diving without a DC since certified even though i use the RDP to plan each dive.

EBH:
don't EVER buy any gear in sharm; it is a mafia down there.

I bought gear and a comp before doing my AOW, and couldn't have been happier.
Having your own gear and being familiar with it before you even get in the water is a good thing.
You know it fits, you know it works.

Get one that's nitrox capable, so you don't have to replace it later.
You'll need a compass too, for your nav dive.

Tusa IQ700, or similar (Zeagle, Dive Rite, Archimedes are all the same: made by Seiko) is great as a first comp.

I had almost settled for not getting one and maybe buying in Sharm, but your advice has changed that so I've started looking around.. Any computers you would recommend other than the one mentioned above?

Is this any good? (huge saving on it)
Apeks Quantum Dive Computer at Deep Blue Dive

I live in Denmark so I have to buy from within the EU...

you can't go wrong with suunto; especially where you live you won't have any issues with the warranty

considering the suunto d4 at the moment.. a good choice? I a digital compass as good as a seperate one?

Still can't decide, so just a few more questions..

Just to make sure, it's not absolutely necessary to have computer for taking AOW, is it?

Does anyone know the price of renting in Sharm?

thanks again!

My dives in Thailand were always limited by time an not air, but that was with the use of my instructor's computer QUOTE]

Damn, you're better than I am at air consumption.
I could do two tanks before I reached my NDL when doing my OW certs.

About a week before my dives inThailand I hiked in the Himalayas.. That may have helped my air consumption a bit :)

Back
Top Bottom